Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intersting Post on Purple Standard website about Cousins from Jan. 2018
Found this article on a Vikings fan page - he has an interesting breakdown on Cousins - his passing ability and other things regarding his play. Thought some might like to read it - if you have not seen it already. Food for thought.

https://purpleptsd.com/kirk-cousins-is-a-bad-idea/

The article is clearly biased although the dude does try to throw in some highlights at the end.

His first bias is showing the 2017 stats.  Why didn't he take the last 3 years stats?

Last year, the redskins let his two top WRs go in free agency and replaced only one with Terrelle Pryor who was disappointing to say the least. 

They had the 28th ranked rushing offense too.

Once you see that bias then there really is no reason to take the rest of his story seriously.

If you only go by one year then the Vikings should have tagged Keenum because his numbers were pretty dang good last year.

Funny, that they did not do that although they can still sign him.

Most of the bias against Cousins comes down to money.

This thing is getting like 'fake news', lol.

Take Cousins last 3 year stats and tell me he's not a pretty good QB that's about to hit his prime. I have no idea if they sign the guy or not, but IMO there's more risk moving forward with Case or Teddy than there is Kirk. 

I admit I dont want Cousins. I feel he is bad in the Red Zone, throws too many head scratcher pics at the worst of times, and I don't feel his deep ball ability is a "game changer" in terms of freaking out a Defense and causing a D fits in trying to scheme against Cousins.  He does not bring anything that much better than what Case can do - theres not that much that I see separating the two - meaning I don't see Cousins being that much better and bringing our offense to "another level". Why not bring back Case for less $$ for comparable production? We know that the players love Case. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
This thing is getting like 'fake news', lol.

Take Cousins last 3 year stats and tell me he's not a pretty good QB that's about to hit his prime. I have no idea if they sign the guy or not, but IMO there's more risk moving forward with Case or Teddy than there is Kirk. 
Ill say this, I feel much better about how Case handles pressure from the D line than I do of Cousins. Cousins freaks out under pressure and is at his worst, where Case gives you a much better chance of a positive play. Admittedly Case does take risks which can turn out bad, but he showed this past year that he is quite elusive under pressure and made some great plays. So in that regard, i feel there is more risk moving forward with Cousins than Case.