Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Bennett to the Eagles
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@FSUVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@dadevike said:
Yikes. The Eagles just got a little better.  They trade for Michael Bennett and a 7th and give up a 5th and Marcus Johnson. 
Bennett can still play. I know he creates news now and then, but he is still a good player and he is not very expensive - I think between $7M and $8M this year. I would have done that deal if I were the Vikings.  And the Eagles have much less cap room than we do. 
Yikes is right. Once again, Rick, your move. You have a hole at 3T. 2nd most talented 3T in the NFL out there, free agent, untagged and available for the right price. Gotta keep up with the Rosemans. 
You mean the guy who was 9nth in QB pressures? The guy the Hags traded a 2nd and their second best WR for and are willing to let him walk after one season? The guy that didn't exactly help Seattle's DEs have career years? 

Sheldon Richardson is far from the automatic upgrade that many on here think he is.
Sheldon Richardson is the poster boy for players who have elite-level talent with a bush-league head.

I didn't say he was the 2nd best 3T. I said he was the 2nd most "talented" 3T. And there's ZERO doubt in my mind that he's that. He's got some off-field issues, motivational issues, etc., but someone is going to get an absolute stud if they can get him moving in the right direction.

Watch him at Missouri. Watch his first season in New York. Freakish athleticism and explosiveness. The speed to rush the passer AND the leverage to stop the run. There have been 3 DTs that stood out to me most in the last several drafts. Geno Atkins, Aaron Donald and Sheldon Richardson. 

You get THAT kind of talent motivated and you really have something. What's more, he just turned 27 years old. I don't know how many times we seen players--especially DTs--who take 4, 5, 6 years to settle in. Jerry Ball, Pat Williams, Gilbert Brown, Ted Washington, Sam Adams, Kyle Williams...heck, even Linval Joseph. Didn't make his first pro bowl until his 7th season. 

Richardson isn't without flaws and that's the only reason you can get him for less than the moon, but that kind of talent next to Linval Joseph will take this defense from very good to dominant. 
i mean by many standards we were the best or second best D last year.  id say that that is dominate already. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@dadevike said:
Yikes. The Eagles just got a little better.  They trade for Michael Bennett and a 7th and give up a 5th and Marcus Johnson. 
Bennett can still play. I know he creates news now and then, but he is still a good player and he is not very expensive - I think between $7M and $8M this year. I would have done that deal if I were the Vikings.  And the Eagles have much less cap room than we do. 
Yikes is right. Once again, Rick, your move. You have a hole at 3T. 2nd most talented 3T in the NFL out there, free agent, untagged and available for the right price. Gotta keep up with the Rosemans. 
You mean the guy who was 9nth in QB pressures? The guy the Hags traded a 2nd and their second best WR for and are willing to let him walk after one season? The guy that didn't exactly help Seattle's DEs have career years? 

Sheldon Richardson is far from the automatic upgrade that many on here think he is.
He's going to get big $$ no doubt. When I think about Richardson, my hope is in his play on a forward basis in this scheme and next to Linval. 

The Eagles are going to be the best team in the NFC again this upcoming season.