Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best (and most likely) possible outcome of the Vikings’ quarterback situation?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"NodakViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Bradford/Sloter? I'm starting to bump this up the reality scale personally.
I was thinking the same thing while reading through this thread.  I have a feeling Sloter is going to be the backup regardless of who they sign as the starter.
As much as I like Sloter, I think it would be pretty foolish to count on him as QB2 two years removed from playing WR. 2019, maybe. But not next year. 

He was a top QB recruit in HS who was recruited to Southern Miss as a QB, coaching changes led to him transferring, he played WR for season then went back to QB.  So it's not like he is a converted WR laying QB he WAS a converted QB playing WR.  It sounds like he has the head/mind of a QB which is 50% of the battle(heart and arm talent the remaining).

Worthwhile read:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pi...r-steelers

Oh I know. Trust me he's been on my radar since before the draft. One of the few media scouts I actually sorta trust, Dave Te Thomas, wouldn't shut up about him. I'm just saying he's raw. He's a helluva developmental prospect. I just think he probably needs another year. 

I agree, one or two more years but depending on who the other two are he could be a #2, they ran with him in that role for a half dozen games this year. 

Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"NodakViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Bradford/Sloter? I'm starting to bump this up the reality scale personally.
I was thinking the same thing while reading through this thread.  I have a feeling Sloter is going to be the backup regardless of who they sign as the starter.
As much as I like Sloter, I think it would be pretty foolish to count on him as QB2 two years removed from playing WR. 2019, maybe. But not next year. 

He was a top QB recruit in HS who was recruited to Southern Miss as a QB, coaching changes led to him transferring, he played WR for season then went back to QB.  So it's not like he is a converted WR laying QB he WAS a converted QB playing WR.  It sounds like he has the head/mind of a QB which is 50% of the battle(heart and arm talent the remaining).

Worthwhile read:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pi...r-steelers

Oh I know. Trust me he's been on my radar since before the draft. One of the few media scouts I actually sorta trust, Dave Te Thomas, wouldn't shut up about him. I'm just saying he's raw. He's a helluva developmental prospect. I just think he probably needs another year. 

I agree, one or two more years but depending on who the other two are he could be a #2, they ran with him in that role for a half dozen games this year. 
I have to wonder how viable he is if he isnt ready to be a #2 by this coming year.  if there is any chance of him being a#1 in 19 I would expect him to be able to start filling in to close out games and pick up a start here or there as needed.   I dont think it would be ideal to see him as season long replacement like Case was,  but typical #2 duties shouldnt be to much to expect should it?

I'm thinking in Sam's case, he's past 30, been around the league, made a ton of cash.  At this point if you're him what you want is to play for a winner and I'm sure he's made it known to the team he'd like to stay.   Bradford/McCown/Sloter might be the ticket.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
I'm thinking in Sam's case, he's past 30, been around the league, made a ton of cash.  At this point if you're him what you want is to play for a winner and I'm sure he's made it known to the team he'd like to stay.   Bradford/McCown/Sloter might be the ticket.
He's definitely made it known he doesn't want to leave minny.