Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think DeFilippo can help our Defense
Zimmer can pick his brain and find out exactly what the opposing Offense (that SHREDDED his D) was thinking when it came to attacking his Defense, what they saw as far as what the weaknesses were etc. to exploit  - should help Zim shore up those areas. Im sure Zim has his own ideas, but will be helpful to actually hear it from the oppositions point of view in great detail.

No doubt. I think that knowledge will be highly valuable. And he can help the offense by scoring more points. I think the magic number needs to be higher than 21 points. Also more creativity on play calling and less running on 1st down. A fresh perspective will be interesting.

pretty simple IMO.  Pederson and staff self scouted, looked at what Foles did well back in his time with Kelly.  Then they revamped the offense to fit Foles rather than Wentz. 

Zimmer and staff had one game of film from the atlanta game.  And not sure how much they use the film from Sundays game to devise a game plan on monday, but their plan was for the short throws, not the double moves.

The eagles had the benefit of the unknown.  Nobody knew what their offense was going to be like.  Or at least good portions of it. 

DAMMIT...I'm sick of being overly optimistic about the Vikings.....

Oh well....why not. 

What's another 50 years of blind devotion?

Quote: @"greediron" said:
pretty simple IMO.  Pederson and staff self scouted, looked at what Foles did well back in his time with Kelly.  Then they revamped the offense to fit Foles rather than Wentz. 

Zimmer and staff had one game of film from the atlanta game.  And not sure how much they use the film from Sundays game to devise a game plan on monday, but their plan was for the short throws, not the double moves.

The eagles had the benefit of the unknown.  Nobody knew what their offense was going to be like.  Or at least good portions of it. 
On the other hand, the great (and I mean that sincerely) Bill Belichick had (at least) 2 games in order to prep for the Eagles' revamped offense.  And he couldn't stop it, either.

The original post is something that I have been wondering about and am glad this is being discussed.  It's intriguing that our OC was on the other side several weeks and can maybe add some insight.
Good point Pumpf.