Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting discussion with former Viking
Finally got to meet the former Viking DB that is the defensive coordinator for our local HS team.  He had high praise for my 2 boys and mentioned that my senior talked with him about not playing because of concussions.  He agreed with us of course.  Said he had 11 concussion that he lost consciousness on.  Yikes.

Anyway, Mike Fitzgerald played 3 years for the Vikings.  Said that interestingly, 4 years and you are vested.  So he isn't really a fan of the union. 

Was friends with Feeney and Jesse Solomon.  Told me stuff that we all know, that Millard was a beast and the DLine was pretty darn good during his time there. 

Tidbits that I didn't know.  Said that Burnsie would stutter when he was lying.  Players knew they were cut when called to his office and he started complimenting them but stuttering.  Said his bench in the combine was worse that most punters but Pete Carroll told him there were no bench presses at the 50.  When he ran the second fastest 40 time, Carroll told him that he has seen that on the football field.

Seemed like a good guy, boys say he is intense and gets pretty fired up.  He did compliment my boys and said that my junior didn't get time on the varsity because there were 2 all conference seniors starting and the JV coach didn't want to waste his quarters playing a few plays.  Said the JV coach threw a fit like someone stole his girlfriend when they talked about getting him time on varsity.  Interesting character for sure.  Excited for next year already.

Just thought that Burnsie bit was too good not to share.