Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings to interview Saints' Dan Campbell for Offensive Coordinator job
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/1/25/16933820/vikings-interview-dan-campbell-offensive-coordinator-job

Vikings to interview Dan Campbell for Offensive Coordinator job

The current Saints’ coach will interview on Tuesday.

Close, personal friend of The Daily Norseman™ Tom Pelissero has also reported. . .and I missed this with the Sean Ryan report from earlier. . .that the Vikings will be interviewing Dan Campbell for the job on Tuesday. Campbell is currently the tight ends coach for the New Orleans Saints.

They've had success but why go outside when we've got a decent inside coach?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Who would that be? 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
It could be possible that they don't think they have an OC on the staff at this point.

If he is intimately familiar with the Peyton system I say hell yeah.  I like the Saints offensive system and it's a lot like what Shurmur was doing.  Is it the same Dan Campbell that was an active NFL tight end a few years ago?  If so maybe too soon?

Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
If he is intimately familiar with the Peyton system I say hell yeah.  I like the Saints offensive system and it's a lot like what Shurmur was doing.  Is it the same Dan Campbell that was an active NFL tight end a few years ago?  If so maybe too soon?
He was TE last in 2009 for Saints. He was interim head coach for Fins in 2015 and was 5-7. Beats Hue Jackson lol.

He has more experience that I thought but no time as an OC?  Just interim HC and TE coach?  I guess the interim HC role was valuable but IDK...

He seems more interesting than some of the other names thrown around. I liked what the Saints did with their backs in the passing game this year and it would be interesting to see what Cook could do given those opportunities. He's a good receiver, though not the same caliber as Kamara or McCaffery, but I like the idea of getting him the ball out in space. I also felt like the screen game fell apart over the course of the season. Maybe that was due to injuries along the OL and at TE, but I'd like that to be a bigger part of the offense.

Honestly, anyone off that Saints O staff should garner a long look...I did think going in house with Stefanski was a logical choice, but it looks like Zim wants to leave no stone unturned... 

Its called due diligence everyone. Its the best way to secure a candidate, even if you have a preference already.