Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am done
ah well... can't fault you for that.  We've all got our trigger points where enough is enough and you have to step back. 

I was kind of excited to re-join the group here for the final run, but I have to agree that being a die-hard fan is more than i can handle at times.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Barr sucks? Need Receivers? ok then....
Other than Diggs and Thielen ... What do we have?
to be fair...more then almost all the other 31 teams. weve got a damn good set of wrs. 

Barr is what he is.  Not worth $15m like hes likley to get paid. Hes just not that impactful. 

I wouldn’t say I’m done but there’s a reason I shit on this team the way I do: they’re losers. The whole organization has a permanent stain of failure.

They’ll NEVER win it all, so just know that you get to see 16 games every year and accept that. But don’t have hope. 

I am not 60 yet, but over 50...I've been a fan since the early 70's. That's a long, long time to be waiting for one SB win. 

Do I believe I'll see that in my lifetime? I'm not sure anymore.

But I have come to the realization that each season brings new joy and angst. And it's that process, that experience where some joy needs to be found. Or i guess why put oneself through it?

A decision we each own for ourselves.

Signed, 
Some guy with a crusty fan sig

&sns=em

I dont know why, but I am truly not as upset as I thought I would be, or maybe should be, maybe I am just so used to us losing every year that I have become numb to the pain...

Quote: @comet52 said:
I'm done too... done eating that pizza I ordered pre-game. :#   Man that sucker was tasty!

I thought about quitting last night.. 48 years I've been cheering for this team and taken every heart breaker right up my ass like the rest of you.   But really what I'm done with is not watching or rooting for the Vikings, but being deeply emotionally invested in them.   I can't do it any more, it's too much of a drain.   

But I can watch like I did last night, dispassionately and if they win I'll enjoy it and if they lose it won't linger past the end of the game.   I knew all week we were going to get pounded, though the beginning of the game gave me a little hope, but it didn't take long to turn bad and by the time they went up 21-7 I turned it off and checked the score on my phone a few times while I watched a movie.   And that was it, it never got better and I wasn't surprised.    And I never got worked up, just made myself stay on an even keel.   

But, no drama queen walk off for this fan, I just advise my fellow older fans who are covered in purple scars to realize as I'm sure you do that there is a lot more to life than football and keep things in perspective.

Skol.

I was going to post but this sums it up for me.
I will say that I also agree with Calcutta Clipper's second post above, also very well said. Welcome, CC!

There is no other team that I have the passion for like the Vikings.  I would have to quit watching the NFL in order to quit the Vikings.  I can root for other teams, the Broncos are my AFC team, but in no way do I put any time in watching every game or feel the wins and losses with the Broncos like I do the Vikings.  

Honestly I felt like quitting last night and on many occasions in the past but the Vikings give me a reason to be passionate (and a genuine passion) about sports and a comraderie with people from all over the world that I would not have if I dropped out.   

This will sting but I am sticking with this team.  BTW even if I quit rooting for the Vikings I would still hate the Packers.

Quote: @njvike said:
@Tom Moore said:

@A1Janitor said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Barr sucks? Need Receivers? ok then....
Other than Diggs and Thielen ... What do we have?
Uhm, we were 13-3.  9th ranked offense, 1st ranked defense.  We lost a game to the 14-3 Eagles.  You don't win 14 games if you have only 2 players on our team.
   Uhm, he was referencing the wide receiver corps, NOT THE ENTIRE ROSTER.

Also, the 14-3 Vikings were just HUMILIATED by the UNDERDOG Eagles, losing by 31 points in a game that really wasn't even THAT close after halftime.

I hope you aren't suggesting this is some sort of  "moral" victory that will benefit the team next year, are you?! 

Because that would be really stupid. 

Death, taxes, gravity... and NJVIKE showing up after a Viking loss. 

I would rather lose the way we did then lose a game at the last second. They you questions and what if yourself till week 1 of the following year. This was like ripping off a band aid. Short and just a little pain. It was over so quick that I think it allowed me to get over it faster.