Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Guess Cunningham Was Busy
Former Eagles’ WR Cris Carter will serve as Vikings’ honorary captain today, per source. Eagles cut Carter before he went on to a Hall-of-Fame career with Vikings.

Its nice the organization keeps their former great players so close to the franchise. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its nice the organization keeps their former great players so close to the franchise. 
Actually, few organizations keep in touch with but a few of their former players.  The Vikings are among the best at it.  They have an Alumni affairs director, and the Vikings tend to rotate events around so it is not the same core 5 or 6 people who show up events.  

CC should walk out with a C-note clipped to the lapel of his HOF jacket.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Most of em...You dont see one of the greatest Vikings of all (Tark) at much of anything as he is a Richard. Only reason he showed-up at the Seattle playoff game was to peddle his book. 

I think it's a great choice. I thought it was so cool seeing him at US Bank Stadium waving his Bring it Home towel. It was awesome to see all those towels. I watched the replay several times and it was a sight to see. What an incredible moment. 

Tarkenton had dissed Minnesota for decades, wanting nothing to do with the state or the franchise...only in recent years has he gotten more involved, and asked for and received face time.

And I'm 99.9% sure I saw him pick Philly to win this game a few days ago.  And that gets him as honorary captain?  I hope nobody so much as smiles at him after todays victory.  

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
Tarkenton had dissed Minnesota for decades, wanting nothing to do with the state or the franchise...only in recent years has he gotten more involved, and asked for and received face time.
Actually, he showed up a lot.  He was team captain at the 2000 NFC Champ, and goes to all games where he lives in Atlanta, and goes to at least 1 MN game in Minneapolis each year.  However, he does little else unless he is paid.