Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
45 degrees, only 4 mph winds, no precip at game time
Can't beat that for January 21st in Philadelphia. I hate games where weather is a factor, looks like that will be avoided tonight. 

Fresh sod, temps in the 40s, should be a good track...Vikes 20-16...

Maybe my memory is off, but I swear that I remember that most of the times a field is re-sodded before a game that it isn't the best. It's a little loose and players still have problems. I hope it isn't an issue, but fear it could be.

Quote: @SkolVikings44 said:
Maybe my memory is off, but I swear that I remember that most of the times a field is re-sodded before a game that it isn't the best. It's a little loose and players still have problems. I hope it isn't an issue, but fear it could be.
I would agree. Seams come apart since they don't have a chance to grow together, but who knows, maybe the NFL, in all their wisdom and money, has figured out a way to prevent this. 

Quote: @SkolVikings44 said:
Yup, my recall as well...

Only thing redeeming about it is both teams have to play on it. 

I recall an FCS Championship game in Chattanooga where the Montana Grizzlies were playing some team from the SE (my memory is good, but it's short).  I recall that the field was so damaged from a plethora of state high school games in the mud from the weeks prior, that they resodded it.  They put some kind of nylon chicken wire underneath the sod to hold it in place, and by the end of the first half, the sod was so chewed up, that our players were getting their cleats tangled in that nylon mesh.  It was horrific to see the outcome of a National Championship game impacted by preventable field conditions.  I hope and pray that the Eagles field crew has a better system for keeping the sod in place.

I wouldn't expect the field conditions to be great. But the good thing is that it will go for both sides. The wind will swirl in that stadium if there is any at all. But these are really the best conditions you can hope for. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@SkolVikings44 said:
I would agree. Seams come apart since they don't have a chance to grow together, but who knows, maybe the NFL, in all their wisdom and money, has figured out a way to prevent this. 
lots of duct tape!!