Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Terence Newman wins a SB, he might return at 40 to ‘try to get two’
Would cornerback Terence Newman call it a career if the Vikings win the Super Bowl?
Not necessarily.
Newman, the second-oldest defensive player in the NFL at 39, talked last spring about coming back for a 15th season with the goal of winning a Super Bowl. The Vikings will reach the big game if they win at Philadelphia in Sunday’s NFC championship.
“Let’s just say hypothetically speaking that I was able to (win a Super Bowl), then why not try to get two?’’ Newman said Thursday. “You can look at it at both sides.’’
Newman is optimistic he still could  be an impact player next season at 40, if he decides to stick around.
“I don’t have any problems with that,’’ Newman said.
For now, Newman is enjoying the first time he has qualified for a championship game. The Vikings got there with a 29-24 win last Sunday over New Orleans in a divisional playoff that featured Case Keenum throwing a 61-yard touchdown pass to Stefon Diggs on the final play of the game.
“I feel good, just having an opportunity to keep playing,’’ Newman said. “This is the longest I’ve played (in the postseason). It feels good, but at the same time, obviously nobody is satisfied with where we’re at. With that in mind, we’re going into (Sunday) with a purpose, and that’s to try to win the football game.’’
https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/18/if...o-get-two/

It would be poetic if he could play out of his mind this Sunday, and also in the SB...