Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met Case’s Mother in Law on the Plane Back to DFW
What a fun and classy lady. She was in the middle seat between me and a Saints fan in the window seat. The rest of the Keenum clan was on the plane as well, scattered about the plane. When she sat down she asked if I had a friend or relative with the Vikings. i told her no, I was just a big fan, and she said, “well, I’m Case’s Mother in law, and I couldn’t be more proud!”. We talked about the catch, her daughter Kimberly and how her relationship with Case grew; how great it has been for the two of them in Minny; Foles and Brees; she showed me pictures, Facebook posts and Instagram feeds. She got to attend Case’s presser after the game “first time” and described being in the locker room well after the game and Diggs walking in with a towel around his waist. The Saints fan joined some of the conversation. He said “If the Vikings dont make the Super Bowl” (or win it — not sure which) “everyone will forget that play”. She gave him an earful for that!  Perhaps the funniest part was that,at the very end of the flight, it became clear that the Saints fan had not figured out that the woman he had been talking to was Case’s Mother in Law. He was a bit embarassed and said “I hope I didn’t say anything I shouldnt have.”.  Her reply was simply, “Don’t worry — I would have let you know.”. And she most definitely would have!

Made me an even greater Case fan to have had the chance to meet her.

Very cool..thanks for sharing.

I got to see a lot of Keenum last year with the Rams out here in CA.  The young man has talent and a LOT of MOXY...
The Rams didn't help him much...dropped passes...no protection. 
Amazing what an effective line, and some good hands can do.

That's awesome, sounds like a cool lady.

He has enamored himself to Minnesota because his roots are still humble, just like his family.

great story op!

case will never have to shovel, mow or by another meal in minnesota again...neither will his kids or grandkids.