Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Back In Court Today

Drumroll please.  This has got to be one of the weirdest stories ever.  Maybe I could buy the idea of Floyd not knowing the tea had an alcohol content.  I could also believe he was encouraged by the team to drink it.  But if that's the case, someone within the Vikings organization better be losing their job for pure incompetence.  This something a player could very easily sue the team for.  Especially IF he's sent back to jail, gets an extended suspension, loses game checks, not to mention having his reputation further tarnished.  The best outcome for the Vikes is if the judge put all the blame on them and lets Floyd off with a hand-slapping/extended home arrest time.  Otherwise, I could see this getting UGLY for all involved 

Quote: @"AllBS" said:
Drumroll please.  This has got to be one of the weirdest stories ever.  Maybe I could buy the idea of Floyd not knowing the tea had an alcohol content.  I could also believe he was encouraged by the team to drink it.  But if that's the case, someone within the Vikings organization better be losing their job for pure incompetence.  This something a player could very easily sue the team for.  Especially IF he's sent back to jail, gets an extended suspension, loses game checks, not to mention having his reputation further tarnished.  The best outcome for the Vikes is if the judge put all the blame on them and lets Floyd off with a hand-slapping/extended home arrest time.  Otherwise, I could see this getting UGLY for all involved 
Prescience bro!  B)

Quote: @"AllBS" said:
The fact the team is being all mea culpa about it is what makes me believe it. They have to know if he gets the hammer that he is going to sue them. So it makes sense for them to step up. If they weren't on the hook for it they wouldn't have as much on them to step up. I guess they could do it to try and keep a player. But if they were doing it for that reason, that's pretty dumb as it opens them up to a lawsuit where one didn't exist. 

I have to side with I think the guy is telling the truth here. 

I think Floyd realizes this is one of the last chances he is going to get in the league. So for that reason, he's probably not going to consider suing unless its some really bad asz ban Goodell hands down - oh right about the season opener. 

There's still that little voice inside me saying Floyd has a problem with alcohol, but it doesn't hold-up to scrutiny given his and the Vikings sworn statements. 

I don't know what to believe anymore on this one.

Only the Vikings...roll eyes

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I think Floyd realizes this is one of the last chances he is going to get in the league. So for that reason, he's probably not going to consider suing unless its some really bad asz ban Goodell hands down - oh right about the season opener. 

There's still that little voice inside me saying Floyd has a problem with alcohol, but it doesn't hold-up to scrutiny given his and the Vikings sworn statements. 

I don't know what to believe anymore on this one.

Only the Vikings...roll eyes
Right. He knows he is getting suspended but if the league booted him for a really significant part of the year....