Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to get back to work. We have an NFC Championship game to play.
no underestimating here. i have only been able to witness the 5 champonship losses.

Quote: @kmillard said:
no underestimating here. i have only been able to witness the 5 champonship losses.
Worm will turn one of these days. Could be Sunday. I do remember winning NFCCG's...I hope you get to experience that feeling too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:
Worm will turn one of these days. Could be Sunday. I do remember winning NFCCG's...I hope you get to experience that feeling too. 
Gee grandpa....tell us what it's like. ...pretty please!

B) 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:
Gee grandpa....tell us what it's like. ...pretty please!

B) 
You sir, can kiss my hind end... Smile

Some great points in the initial post.  A few complimentary comments:
  • I don't think the second-half defense was conservative.  It was clear to me in the first half that the game plan was to blitz little and not give Brees the chance for huge plays.  Short fields, injuries and the defense wearing down a bit were all factors in the second half slide.
  • I can't remember which player or coach used the term "complacent".  I gotta say that really boils my blood.  If you got complacent in the second round of the playoffs at all, there is something wrong with you.  To be complacent with a 17 point lead against a hall of fame QB, is stupid and unforgiveable.
  • On the offensive line, I am struggling with Zim's comment that the team that runs the ball best will likely win the game.  I doubt our ability to run the ball productively against the Eagles.  Aside from one run, Murray averaged 2 yards a carry versus the Saints, and the results got worse as the game went on.  The Saints have a good run defense; the Eagles are better.  Our passing game is much better than the Eagles (and our pass defense is better than theirs). 
  • On the tight ends, I do think the ankle is still bothering Rudy, and asking him to win on a fade route isn't high percentage.  He's just not that athletic and he's clearly bothered in both speed and hops.  I noted several times in the Saints game where David Morgan drew a very favorable assignment and I thought we would go his direction, but never did.
Bottom line is that the Eagles are hoping for a 13-10; 17-13 type of game -- I don't want to see us playing into their hands by being so conservative on offense that WE are playing for a 17-13 type of game.  I don't think the Eagles can put up 20 points on us absent defensive or special teams scores.  The offense needs to come out swinging and put this game out of reach.

Nobody is taking the Eagles lightly, especially at home, but we are the better team. They are used to winning at home - the week 17 shutout loss to the Cowboys notwithstanding. But just look at the Eagles' regular season home opponents this year:
the Giants, Cardinals, Redskins, 49ers, Broncos, Bears, Raiders, and Cowboys.  Not a single playoff team there.
They just beat an up and down Atlanta team; we beat the Saints.
Remember what everyone was saying before the Vikings / Saints game: this was the real NFCCG. Nothing has changed. So Foles surprised us by playing a better second half last week with that RPO game. So what?  That was his one trick. The element of surprise is gone.
Now we cannot go out and shit the bed and expect to win on the road. We won't. We got this.

Zim sets up the run scenario---if they creep up to stop it by loading the box Case will carve the birds up.  Take what's there and play within his abilities(smart ball) move the chains.  Vikings by 12

Quote: @Akvike said:
Zim sets up the run scenario---if they creep up to stop it by loading the box Case will carve the birds up.  Take what's there and play within his abilities(smart ball) move the chains.  Vikings by 12
I hope you're right...There are some calls Zimm and the coaching staff made last week that give me pause.

Regarding the players, I think the Saints DL started to take over in the second 1/2. I am concerned about our OL holding-up against a very stout front 4 this week. 

I hope you're right on + 12.