Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanguard83 confession......I didn't watch the game.
OK.....I, like many here have loved this team since the '70's.
Suffered through the same losses that have left me 95% scar tissue....like many here.

Now in my 50's, overweight, high blood pressure.....I can't watch my favorite team in the playoffs....I just can't.

last playoff game I watched.....we missed a 27 yarder....

so today I texted my friends that I'd be turning off my phone, I didn't want to know, until I knew the game was over.

Today, At kickoff I did some yard work....took the family to a late lunch, and told my kids / wife I didn't want to know what was happening until the end....

my my wife looked at her phone near the end of the game....so I asked what's going on on her phone....Saints about to kick the go ahead field goal....and did.  How much time? Where are we? How much time is left?

WAIT......WHAT.....VIKINGS 29!!!   SCORE ALERT. VIKINGS 29!!!!!!!!!

NO FUGGIN WAY......I SCRAMBLED LIKE AN IDIOT FOR THE TV REMOTE....WHERE THE HELL IS IT???

Found it in time to catch the many replays of Diggs catch and run.....

the he whole house erupted!!  Probably cracked our windows.....

my heart is still thumping like a bunny.

GREAT WIN VIKINGS...TWO MORE

I am at my grandson’s 16th Bday. Followed online then watched the 4th quarter.  It was wretched

What????  Did you DVR it at least?!?!?!?!????

This was the most AWESOME, GUT WRENCHING, AND FUCKING SWEET GAME I'VE EVER WATCHED!!!  

INSANE.  UNBELIEVABLE.  BOOM.  BOOM.  BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Yes....I got it on DVR!
looks like NFLN will re-play the game midnight (Pacific time)

i told my family today before the game / my decision...."sometimes in the NFL you need some luck"

amen

Probabaly the greatest win ever.  Sorry you missed it, V83.  Watch the replay, you'll fucking love it.

yeah.. ive spent the last hour patching drywall in our living room.... no shit,  i jumped up about his the chandelier and the turned and put my fist through the plaster ( and lathe)  we dont wint these game,  these are the moments that we use to soldier on in coming seasons,  these are not supposed to be memorable moments... times they are a changing!

oh believe me...I'm enjoying it.....

Already watching the DVR

A Lot less stress on my 'ol ticker

I didn't watch the first 59 minutes either (was DVR'ing it) I saw on my computer Saints up 21-20 with 1:55 left, then saw on twitter the Vikings were now up, so I turned the TV on just in time for our D to choke on 4th and 10.  Figured we were toast.  

When Diggs caught that ball and kept running I was so shocked I almost forgot to yell.