Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confession- I cheer for the offensive /defensive lines.
Admittedly I'm a bit of a bizarre football fan.  First, being from Southern CA. I'm in the minority because I actually watch the game.
I get there early...watch every play intently, and would rather piss my pants or go hungry than miss a play.

Most "lower deck" fans in So. CA. walk in halfway through the first quarter, take a few selfies to post to Facebook, and are outta there during the third quarter to "beat traffic"

Anyway, my friends always tell me they laugh at the stuff I yell, and they've come to the conclusion that I cheer for the lines / and hate all kickers.  I'm not aware of saying stuff until I see them, laughing. I never really thought about what I say, but I guess they're right...one of the first things I watch in a play is the push.  Probably comes from my brothers who played guard and center...me?
I played the trumpet. 

anyway, have you ever reflected on your own game day vocab?

Part of of my game day vocabulary includes: (O line) "Pancake his ass" "make a hole" "knock his dick in the dirt" and "pass protect for Christ Sake"....(D line) "Get in there!" "Sack his ass" "they're comin....here they come!" "Get the F-ker already" (exclusive to Favre / Rodgers) 

Every field goal attempt I'll predict a miss....my buds laugh and say I've never predicted a successful kick, and that all kickers except Vinaterri "are crap"

what at do you catch yourself saying on game day? Any tendencies your pals / spouse notice in your game day fanaticism?
What say you purple peeps?

It is not just a cliche when they say it all starts upfront. It is going to be a long day if either side is not at least doing an adequate job penetrating the line or blocking (time and opening holes). 

Games are won in the trenches.  I've thought about having my kid record me during a game but people would just say I'm going over the top because I'm being filmed... that and they wouldn't do it because they'd miss the game filming my stupid ass.  Smile 

As a kid, my mom would swear I was committing murder during the game...I probably spoke in tongues at various points...now, I'm usually texting during the game...

TEXTING !!!!!

Yes, it takes on  Mystery Science Theater vibe at times...