Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two years later, Vikings ready to get rid of ‘bitter taste’ from shocking playoff loss

[Image: 20160110__160111-vikings-1b-fans.jpg?w=620]

Two years ago Wednesday, the Vikings suffered a shocking 10-9 home playoff loss to Seattle. It was a defeat some players prefer to forget, but some simply can’t — or won’t.
For the first time since Blair Walsh missed badly to the left on a 27-yard field-goal attempt in the waning seconds on a minus 6-degree day at TCF Bank Stadium, the Vikings are back in the playoffs. They face New Orleans in a divisional game at 3:40 p.m. Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium.
“I think everybody that was here that year has a bitter taste in their mouth (from two years ago), and we want to use that to our advantage just for the simple fact this is our first time in the playoffs since then,” running back Jerick McKinnon said Wednesday.
Minnesota players talked after the Jan. 10, 2016 wild-card round defeat to the Seahawks about returning to the playoffs the next season, but that didn’t happen. The Vikings started 5-0 in 2016 but lost eight of their final 11 games to finish 8-8.
Two years to wait for another postseason shot seems to have fired up the Vikings even more...

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/10/vi...-playoffs/

Quote:“If it’s minus 2, we’re going to have the doors open so they have to wear their long johns,” Zimmer said of the Saints. “No, they won’t open the doors. They’re afraid the pipes might freeze, and then we’d have a lot of issues.”
Is this even a possibility ever? That'd be amazing to freeze the Saints out. THEN I actually believe we'd win without thinking twice. 

Nope...Not possible, pipes would be bursting, freezing all over the place and I believe there is NFL policy they cant open em up under 50 degrees.

Its just not built to withstand the cold inside like TCF...Hell of a nice place to open those doors in August/Sep/Oct though. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Nope...Not possible, pipes would be bursting, freezing all over the place and I believe there is NFL policy they cant open em up under 50 degrees.

Its just not built to withstand the cold inside like TCF...Hell of a nice place to open those doors in August/Sep/Oct though. 
Well yeah, but talk about a home field advantage. I read the part about the pipes but that really sucks...

That we lost wasn't a shock. How we lost was the shock.

Quote: @RS Express said:
That we lost wasn't a shock. How we lost was the shock.
This. The story premise is kind of screwy, because its really about HOW they lost that game. Unless they plan another epic choke job somehow, which will be fun.