Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Ditches Knee Brace
If Teddy is healthy and they put him on PUP for the first 6 weeks of the season so he doesn't toll this season there is going to be a lot of controversy surrounding it. I don't want the Vikings to do something like that and hope they won't. Now if he legitamately needs to be on it so be it but I do kind of hope the Vikings give him a little better pay for the next season as a nice gesture.

Quote: @"NFL Draft Guru" said:

In the Vikings eyes this is playing out nicely if they can get him cleared around week 6 (that is when he could first be activated).

It makes the Bradford decision that much easier when you know what you're working with in Bridgewater. 
Football gods owe the Vikings this -  minimally. Especially they way the F'ed the team up last year smh...

I am excited to see the fan reaction at training camp. I am rooting for him.

Quote: @"matt4787" said:
If Teddy is healthy and they put him on PUP for the first 6 weeks of the season so he doesn't toll this season there is going to be a lot of controversy surrounding it. I don't want the Vikings to do something like that and hope they won't. Now if he legitamately needs to be on it so be it but I do kind of hope the Vikings give him a little better pay for the next season as a nice gesture.
what will his salary be again?  let keep in mind that he will likely make more in 1 year (possibly on the bench) than the average American would make in a lifetime.  I want the kid to have a long and prosperous career,  but at the same time let not pay him for services not rendered.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"matt4787" said:
what will his salary be again?  let keep in mind that he will likely make more in 1 year (possibly on the bench) than the average American would make in a lifetime.  I want the kid to have a long and prosperous career,  but at the same time let not pay him for services not rendered.

I agree. Lets not pay him something if we don't know how he will be on the field after being cleared. I think it is safe to bet that we will franchise Bradford unless he gets hurt and Teddy comes in after week 6 and looks good. I hope he doesn't get hurt though.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"matt4787" said:
And if he is healthy and cleared by doctors to play immediately he should play? If he isn't cleared he should be on PUP and can understand it. If the Vikings want to portray a rewarding environment for their players they will not force Teddy to go on PUP and not allow his contract to toll this season. Then again it could all be moot if he is not ready.