Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of the Drought - Buffalo Bills
Those are some happy fans! It was 4 degrees and they stood outside to welcome their team back home after making the playoffs. I'm no Bills fan but after snapping the longest active playoff drought in sports, it's hard not to be happy for them.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/31/cliff-...re_stories

That's very cool. The letter to the Bengals is a nice touch.

I dont dislike the Ravens per say, but the look on their HC's face and their sideline when The Bengals scored that TD was priceless...

YouTube has a 12 minute "highlight" package that does a nice job capturing the momentum of the game. The stakes were high for the Ravens, and they didn't show up to start the half. Baltimore was down big but they clawed their way back into the game. Then they exploded with big plays on both sides of the ball. Their running back had a hell of a 2nd effort TD run, their defense made some splashy plays to shut the Bengals down. They flipped a switch and went into playoff mode. 
They marched down the field and scored the go ahead touchdown on a pass to Mike Wallace with like 8 or 9 minutes to play. Their defense easily stopped the Bengals offense when they got the ball back, forcing a punt with 5 or 6 minutes to play. The Ravens even picked up a 1st down on a 1st down run. Flacco ends up throwing a pass in the ground on 3rd down with like 3 minutes to play and they have to punt. On the punt, it bounces and ricochets off the Bengals returner, but rolls out of bounds. The Bengals covert a couple passes before Baltimore's defense brings pressure and stop it. They force Andy Dalton to throw a game ending INT, but it's called back as a Ravens defender tackles his assignment 15 yards off the line of scrimmage. Bengals have the ball around the 50, but Baltimore's defense still swarms Dalton and eventually forces their offense into a 4th and 12.

That touchdown was absolutely incredible. The Bengals were up, the Ravens came back, then they convincingly looked poised to walk away with it. The 4th and 12 felt like proof they just flipped some kind of switch entering the playoffs. OOPS!

The Bengals/Bills thing, man... it's funny but at the same time... the more "formal" it's presented the more I think... it's not like the Bengals were trying to sit out of the playoffs lol.

If I played for the Bengals, i'd probably be like "man, shut up we didn't win that for you guys..." "p.s. thanks for the wings!"

So....imagine if there was a Bills/Vikings SB...2 of the 3 teams tied for the most SB losses but also with no SB wins in a slug fest to break that dubious tie...