Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings still uncertain just what they have in Keenum
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its probably unfair, but Keenum's leash as far as a longer-term signing is very short. Meaning the team is almost just waiting for the wheels to come off Case's wagon so they can move on to Teddy without regret or further reflection for 2018. I don't think any in the organization foresaw Keenum's play being so strong for so long. IMO, its surprising to the franchise and now it definitely complicates things for them moving forward.

Honestly, I have no idea what they are going to with the spot for 2018. 
I'm not convinced anyone at Winter Park unequivocally see's Teddy as the answer in 2018. As a viable contender for starter? We're all hoping for that. But nobody can realistically put all their eggs in Bridgewater basket as of now. 

Same with Keenum. Which is why we just gotta let this play out. Frankly, I hope Case leads them to their first SB victory!!  

Hell, I dont care who does it as long as it happens Smile

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Sounds like Zimmer became convinced around the same time many of us did. Thanksgiving. Before that game, Keenum was a flawed QB getting lucky in a really good offense. It's just a matter of time before he gets yanked in favor of Teddy. Teddy's the future. Since that game, he's improved quite a bit. To the point where our QB decision for next season it at least a legit debate. 

And as much as I hate Souhan, I have to give him credit for this paragraph: 

Tom Brady was drafted in the sixth round. The players chosen by the Patriots before him: Adrian Klemm, J.R. Redmond, Greg Robinson-Randall, Dave Stachelski, Jeff Marriott and Antwan Harris. If Bill Belichick had any inkling that Brady could be a quality starter, much less a historic figure, he was foolish to wait until the sixth round to take him.
Drives me nuts when people talk about how smart Belichick was for taking Brady. Yeah, he was so smart he let 5 rounds go by before letting the world in on his cunning 20-year plan to take over the NFL. Brady was a flyer. It's idiotic to think otherwise. 
I have always assumed this is why Belichik doesn’t talk much. Get him talking and he might accidentally admit his entire career has been a happy accident.