Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small World
Yesterday I was in Fulton County (Georgia) for court and sat outside the courtroom waiting for my client to arrive. A gentleman sat on a bench across from me and he too was an attorney doing the same thing. We chit-chatted about law, where our offices were, etc. He told me he had recently moved to Georgia and had practiced in Texas for many years. He had also been a judge in Texas, right outside of Houston. At one point he said, "Do you like football?" I said, "Yes, I do." Then he replied, "Well, I was the judge on the Adrian Peterson case."
I won't go into the details of our conversation, but seriously, what are the odds of that? 

He seemed like a pretty nice guy and someone that would have been a fair and reasonable judge. Believe me, we need more of those in the world. 

Thx for sharing.

So many Americans think that judges are fair and impartial....and that a jury of your peers gives you the best chance for a fair trial.

Nope. My experience as a jury foreman was eye opening. And that would be an understatement.

thats very cool.  can you tell us anthing he said about his impressions of the case? love to hear.

Thanks for sharing Jason...you never know who you're going to run into.

Deleted comment.

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
thats very cool.  can you tell us anthing he said about his impressions of the case? love to hear.
One thing that I misunderstood and was corrected is that I thought Peterson was under-charged initially. I know here in Georgia he would have been charged with felonies (i.e. Felony Cruelty to Children). Apparently, he was charged with felonies initially and the DA in that county was really out to get him. So, he must have had excellent legal representation (and an understanding judge) to get what he did.