Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer says he'll again consider delegating Vikings play calling next season
Next Monday will be telling...if there are truly 13 HC slots available, both coordinators will get extended looks...

I think the comment by Zimmer works in favor of us keeping Edwards.  It reminds every other team that Zimm is the play caller and then it gives Edwards the carrot to stay for next year with more responsibility on the #1 Defensive unit.  

George Edwards is our coordinator?  I thought Zimmer did it.  :devil:

He ain't getting a HC job.  

Zimmer is just giving him a carrot.  

Pat is gone.  And that will suck.  

After we win the Superbowl, Zimmer can delegate whatever he wants.

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
Sounds more like he is pumping up Edwards to help get him a HC job.
I thought just the opposite, giving him more of a reason to stay...

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
So, if Edwards leaves, does Jerry Gray take over as DC? Hmmmm...
I'll be very surprised if Edwards gets a HC gig. Fairly or not, Zimmer gets all the credit for that D. Its the reason that Paul Guenther didn't leave Cincy to take the D coordinator gig when Z got the Minnesota job: didn't want to operate in that shadow.
And yet we hired Chilly because he was Reid's OC. Or are you thinking the other teams learned from the Wilf's mistake?

Quote: @"Scoog" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
So, if Edwards leaves, does Jerry Gray take over as DC? Hmmmm...
I'll be very surprised if Edwards gets a HC gig. Fairly or not, Zimmer gets all the credit for that D. Its the reason that Paul Guenther didn't leave Cincy to take the D coordinator gig when Z got the Minnesota job: didn't want to operate in that shadow.
And yet we hired Chilly because he was Reid's OC. Or are you thinking the other teams learned from the Wilf's mistake?
And that seemed to work out so well. Cautionary tale.

if y’all remember the dallas game last year, Edwards called a damn fine game.  i think he is HC material from a technical knowledge standpoint, i dont know much about his leadership skills