Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its A Festivus Miracle
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2018/

60+ million in cap space under your aluminum pole...

Will be eaten up quickly with contract extensions for young talent, however. 

True, but we control those guys through 2018...2019 is when the bill comes due...we are in good shape for getting Barr and Hunter done before we have to pay the piper...a bigger portion will go to a QB...

I still think we can land Case for a deal similar to what Glennon got and give Teddy a deal similar to what he would have earned with the fifth year option...

This team is well run. We are in good shape financially. 

I believe we only have something like 34 guys under contract next year as well.  So that money is going to disappear quickly, especially if a QB is going to take close to a third of it.  However, I believe we only have 4 starters that aren't part of that 34 player group and I'd imagine a few guys deals will be reworked to add a bit more to the money pool.  Murray for example.  6.5 million (off the top of my head) will probably get redone.  

The beauty in this is that of the top 7 teams on that list, only the Vikings have a winning record. In fact they have as many wins as the top 4 teams combined.

Typically those cap space lists read like a reverse order of the standings. And this pretty much follows that. So the Vikings at six sticks out big time. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
True, but we control those guys through 2018...2019 is when the bill comes due...we are in good shape for getting Barr and Hunter done before we have to pay the piper...a bigger portion will go to a QB...

I still think we can land Case for a deal similar to what Glennon got and give Teddy a deal similar to what he would have earned with the fifth year option...
Yah, lot's of young D talent to keep.

IF RS pulls-off getting Bridgewater AND Case on the roster next year? That would be the biggest Festivus miracle of all.

I don't think it happens.