Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viking's defense historically amazing on 3rd down in 2017
Remember what this was like BEFORE Zimmer?

Vikings PR‏ @VikingsPR 3m3 minutes ago
More
3rd Down Defense, NFL, Since 1991 
 1. NO, 1991 - 26.1% 
2. MIN, 2017 - 26.1% 
3. OAK, 1998 - 26.3% 
4. DAL, 1992 - 27.2% 
5. TEN, 2003 - 27.7%

I knew they were executing at a high level on 3rd down but damn this is impressive.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
No doubt.   I remember having teams in 3rd and long and knowing it didn't matter, they were likely going to give up the 1st down.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
No doubt.   I remember having teams in 3rd and long and knowing it didn't matter, they were likely going to give up the 1st down.

That was miserable.  Then again, I remember when we had Moss and Culpepper and we were in third and long and it didn't really matter. We were probably going to get it.

I don't care who you are, this is impressive.  My impression is that the D has gotten gradually better as the season has gone on.  Is that possible?

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I don't care who you are, this is impressive.  My impression is that the D has gotten gradually better as the season has gone on.  Is that possible?
I think so, other than the Carolina game perhaps.  I think everyone is buying into the unselfish team concept and Zimmer's game plans.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
Waynes had definitely gotten better over the season and I don't think anyone has dropped off.