Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings tackle Riley Reiff suffers ankle injury, leaves in walking boot
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Vikings left tackle Riley Reiff was wearing a walking boot following Sunday’s 31-24 loss to Carolina at Bank of America Stadium.
Reiff suffered an ankle injury late in the third quarter and departed for good. He declined comment on his injury.
“You’re concerned,’’ guard Joe Berger said of Reiff. “You never want to see a guy go down and go off the field and not be able to finish the game. What his issue is, we’ll work to get him back.’’
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer declined to speculate on Reiff, a Pro Bowl candidate who has been perhaps the team’s best offensive lineman this season.
http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/10/vik...king-boot/

S hitt y day for football with Detroit and Eagles winning. GB too. But the guys fought hard. Easier to take if Reiff news isn't terrible. 

Need this guy back in the worse way.

Per source its a mild high ankle sprain. They can be tricky but he'll likely be back in a week or two. It wouldn't be unheard of if he could even play this upcoming weekend. 

If Remmer's and Elf can get on the field this week they might be able to survive against the Bengals.  

Assuming we get Elf and Remmers back, I'm comfortable with Hill filling in vs the Bengals... I'd rather see Reiff closer to fully recovered going into the playoffs... Morgan returning would also be a big help...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Assuming we get Elf and Remmers back, I'm comfortable with Hill filling in vs the Bengals... I'd rather see Reiff closer to fully recovered going into the playoffs... Morgan returning would also be a big help...
This ^

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Per source its a mild high ankle sprain. They can be tricky but he'll likely be back in a week or two. It wouldn't be unheard of if he could even play this upcoming weekend. 
Thanks Guru...

I agree with Barr, rest him this week if the rest of the OL pieces are in place vs Bengals. Would like him back in time for Lamblow, if playoff seedings are still an issue, which I'll bet they will be. 

IMO, Hill has been better at LT than RT (when he has the week to prepare), but he has also looked a bit dinged up to me just recently. 

It's that time of year...

Agree that it's important to give Reiff at least a week to recover.   If Remmers is back, that's a lot easier.