Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wentz out. Torn Mcl?
Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
stayed in 4 more plays and threw a TD....locker room cred....
Unless he ripped it on that play - and tore it after trying to play on it. 

1) 3 game streak, 13-3, at worst 2 seed

2) Beat Cincy, lose to Chi or GB.  if Packers lose to Carolina, no playoffs, which means likely no Rodgers for Min-GB, increases our chances of winning. Need Carolina to lose one or the the Saints to win out (NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS).  2# seed.

3) Eagles lose two out of 3, Vikings win out HFA

4) Vikings beat Cincy, Packers beat Carolina, if the Packers beat Vikings, it’s still a win over Chicago for a 2# seed finishing 12-4 with tie breakers

3 reasonable ways to get the bye, which is what we need now considering Wentz could be done for the year.

Vikings just need to take care of business and win out and IMO they will have HFA.  Each game should provide it's own motivation.  Cincy they need to bounce back and prove Carolina was just a bump in the road.  Packers-nothing else needs to be said. Chicago if they win the next two Chicago will likely be the game that clinches HFA.  13-3 with tie breakers over Philly.

Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
Vikings just need to take care of business and win out and IMO they will have HFA.  Each game should provide it's own motivation.  Cincy they need to bounce back and prove Carolina was just a bump in the road.  Packers-nothing else needs to be said. Chicago if they win the next two Chicago will likely be the game that clinches HFA.  13-3 with tie breakers over Philly.
What tie breakers are we going to have over philly?  

I think I heard we needed to beat Carolina to hold stretch of schedule in a season tie with philly.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NodakViking" said:

I think I heard we needed to beat Carolina to hold stretch of schedule in a season tie with philly.

I played around with ESPN's playoff machine earlier out of curiosity. I didn't see any tiebreakers that we have over Philly. It would require a better record for the #1 seed. At least that's what I saw.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NodakViking" said:

I played around with ESPN's playoff machine earlier out of curiosity. I didn't see any tiebreakers that we have over Philly. It would require a better record for the #1 seed. At least that's what I saw.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I think that's what Geoff was saying it would take if we lost to the panthers and they beat the rams.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

Looks like we have SOS and SOV right now, Not sure how that would go backwards if they lose one more and we win out.  IDK  I'm not sure exactly how the NFL figures it and it likely also depends on how each teams opponents finish the season.  We played more winning teams so I would have to think if those teams keep winning it only helps our SOV/SOS.

16-23 record of remaining opponents, 15-24 for the Eagles.    I think it will come down to how those opponents finish and who Philly loses to.  With the current difference in both SOV and SOS I'm not sure how a one game difference in the opponents allows them to make it up with one more loss.

I guess the Eagles need to lose to an NFC team because they have a 1 game advantage in the NFC,  Go Giants and Cowboys!!