Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mindhunter
Watched this once solo, once with the girlfriend...should be on your to view list...very good...

we are currently wacthing episode 4. 

very compelling show. slow burn with a real subtle cinematic tone. 

love the performance of the older partner. some of the interogations/interviews are well done. 

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:

love the performance of the older partner. some of the interogations/interviews are well done. 
Jeez Vikeking2, how would you know? Remind me not to piss you off in the future lol!! 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Watched this once solo, once with the girlfriend...should be on your to view list...very good...
I will check the DVR timers tonight!! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

@"BarrNone55" said:
I will check the DVR timers tonight!! 
No need! It's sitting there calling to you from the friendly confines of Netflix!

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:

That slow burn catches fire the last 5-10 minutes of the last episode...didn't hurt that it was set to one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs...

Watched this series last week.  Great show left me wanting more.  I was wondering how close to the true story of behavioral sciences in law enforcement it follows and if this is actually how they came up with the term serial killer.

Quote: @1Wildman said:
Watched this series last week.  Great show left me wanting more.  I was wondering how close to the true story of behavioral sciences in law enforcement it follows and if this is actually how they came up with the term serial killer.
I watched the first 4 episodes or so and haven't been able to get back to it with all the holiday stuff, but the show does seem to suggest that this is how behavioral science and the notion of a psychological "profile" became a big part of investigative procedure. I kept thinking this is what it would look like if Criminal Minds ever did a prequel.

A similar show was Manhunt: The Unabomber. The idea behind using linguistics and how Kaczynski expressed himself in his manifesto as the foundation to build a profile was viciously mocked and ridiculed by old-school agents who preferred the established method of using only witness testimony, physical evidence (fingerprints, et al) to build a case. Fascinating to me.