Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of QB's...
Wonder what circumstances would precipitate Bradford being at TC next spring? Or hell, even a player post-season??

A bionic knee?

I'm not sure if Geoff, or any NFL insider has spoken to this, but how real is the possibility that Bradford is done in this league?

In Game 1, he was looking all-world. In the Bears game, he looked like Brett in 2010.

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
I'm not sure if Geoff, or any NFL insider has spoken to this, but how real is the possibility that Bradford is done in this league?

In Game 1, he was looking all-world. In the Bears game, he looked like Brett in 2010.
I have no inside knowledge, and don't claim to, but in the Bears gamed he looked super doped up.  Sluggish, zoned out looking on the sidelines.  I think they had to keep him in that state for him to even be out there.  Tough break for Sam, but I think he is done and I don't mean just in Purple. 

Quote: @El_Padre said:
@Clanzomaelan said:

I have no inside knowledge, and don't claim to, but in the Bears gamed he looked super doped up.  Sluggish, zoned out looking on the sidelines.  I think they had to keep him in that state for him to even be out there.  Tough break for Sam, but I think he is done and I don't mean just in Purple. 
Very interesting thought, and in hindsight, I can completely see that. I remember thinking that Case came in like a hero because of the energy he was playing with. It was probably just Case's normal energy level juxtaposed against a listless Bradford.

On a personal note, I just found out that I have a chronic condition and a gradual wearing of the cartilage in my big toes, which can make some instances of walking downright painful. Considering those aren't typically weight bearing (and never fully), I can't fathom what that would feel like to have bone on bone in the knee. 

Without steps taken to cure that, I don't see how he plays again without being doped up on something.

I don't know about the Bears game in particular but Bradford always has a just finished a blunt  look to him.

I questioned his mental state the next day.  I wondered if he had a bad reaction to a pain killer.

IIRC the bone on bone thing has been debunked.  He just needed some work to smooth out some rough spots in his knee that were aggravating and causing swelling.

His knees will be an issue,  but not necessarily a career ender as some keep saying unless he chooses to take his money and walk away before he sustains further damage.

There is a  chance  that bradford takes a  team friendly  1 or 2 year deal  to be  the backup  to case or teddy next  year   that would  be a  great team plan  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I questioned his mental state the next day.  I wondered if he had a bad reaction to a pain killer.

IIRC the bone on bone thing has been debunked.  He just needed some work to smooth out some rough spots in his knee that were aggravating and causing swelling.

His knees will be an issue,  but not necessarily a career ender as some keep saying unless he chooses to take his money and walk away before he sustains further damage.
Any idea where the bone on bone was debunked?  I never even saw it really challenged.  I thought the NY treatment was specifically for that condition?

Quote: @NodakViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Any idea where the bone on bone was debunked?  I never even saw it really challenged.  I thought the NY treatment was specifically for that condition?
I heard that come straight from Zimmer in a presser.