Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the flip side; For the Lions? Their biggest game of the season-to-date
Without a doubt if you're a Lions player it is...

Oh for sure...  this is the Lions season right here.  If they lose, they can pretty much kiss the division good bye.  And then sitting at 6-5 in a loaded NFC...  they would have to win AT LEAST 4 of their final 5 games to have a shot at a Wild Card.
The Lions are going to come out swinging in this one, no doubt about it.

This game is huge for both teams. But yeah the lions backs are against the wall and are going to be paying extra hard.   Hope the Vikes are ready. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Oh for sure...  this is the Lions season right here.  If they lose, they can pretty much kiss the division good bye.  And then sitting at 6-5 in a loaded NFC...  they would have to win AT LEAST 4 of their final 5 games to have a shot at a Wild Card.
The Lions are going to come out swinging in this one, no doubt about it.
I was thinking the same thing,  but right now they are tied for the final WC spot with the seahawks and falcons.   

the dirty birds have a tough road ahead with the bucs and saints both twice as well as us and the panthers at home.  they could easily lose 3 of those games.

the skwaks have niners, eagles, jags, rams, cowboys and cards... they could likely lose 2 of those if not more as well.

I dont think we can close the door on the laydowns just because we win tomorrow.  This thing could easily go down to the last weekend as we are their only game left against a winning team.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:

I was thinking the same thing,  but right now they are tied for the final WC spot with the seahawks and falcons.   

the dirty birds have a tough road ahead with the bucs and saints both twice as well as us and the panthers at home.  they could easily lose 3 of those games.

the skwaks have niners, eagles, jags, rams, cowboys and cards... they could likely lose 2 of those if not more as well.

I dont think we can close the door on the laydowns just because we win tomorrow.  This thing could easily go down to the last weekend as we are their only game left against a winning team.
The funny thing is... I just posted the remaining schedules for the Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Rams, Panthers, Falcons, and Lions in a different thread.  There is a ton of crossover between these teams playing each other in the final 6 weeks.  I certainly wouldn't write off the Lions if the Vikings win...  but I guess I'm not convinced that the Lions could reel of 5 straight wins and win 8 of their final 9 games.  That seems like something the Patriots would be able to do...  not the Lions.
This is going to be a tough, tough game.  Hopefully the Vikings can get this monkey off their back and REALLY take control of the division. 

Since Ngata got injured, the Lions have been surrendering 150 rushing yards/ game, vs around 76 when he played. The Bears gashed them for 200. If the Vikings run the ball & avoid turnovers they should win...

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Since Ngata got injured, the Lions have been surrendering 150 rushing yards/ game, vs around 76 when he played. The Bears gashed them for 200. If the Vikings run the ball & avoid turnovers they should win...
as long as the D can keep the Lions from scoring much early so we can keep our road graders pushing on them all day.  if the lions jump out early that may force Shurmur to limit the run game and go full on track meet mode.