Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shurmur Leaning on Experiences as Vikings Offense Continues Evolution
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Sh...ecbe1ecc5d

Quote:The Vikings are certainly benefiting from variety, particularly in the red zone in recent weeks. In the past three games, Minnesota has scored on all 12 trips inside an opponent’s 20-yard line and reached the end zone on 10 of those possessions by involving seven different players.

Latavius Murray has three rushing touchdowns, and Adam Thielen has scored on touchdown passes of 18 and 7 yards from Case Keenum. Jerick McKinnon has a touchdown run, and Kyle Rudolph, Stefon Diggs, David Morgan and Jarius Wright have each caught touchdown passes in the past three games.

There's also an increased familiarity with Shurmur's system, which continues to evolve as the season progresses because of his personal commitment to learning something new every day. Shurmur and the offensive coaching staff expanding their repertoire requires passing it along efficiently with relatively short turnaround times.
"I'm always watching film, not only of ourselves and our opponents, but of other teams," Shurmur said during a media session last Thursday. "It's very easy to do with technology the way it is.

This was something I recall about Martz when he was with the Greatest Show On Turf Rams...constantly adding new wrinkles to the O to keep Ds off balance...except Shurmur isnt working with a bunch of future HOFmers...

P.S. does anyone still think we were running Shurmur's offense last year?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
There's also an increased familiarity with Shurmur's system, which continues to evolve as the season progresses because of his personal commitment to learning something new every day. Shurmur and the offensive coaching staff expanding their repertoire requires passing it along efficiently with relatively short turnaround times.
"I'm always watching film, not only of ourselves and our opponents, but of other teams," Shurmur said during a media session last Thursday. "It's very easy to do with technology the way it is.

This was something I recall about Martz when he was with the Greatest Show On Turf Rams...constantly adding new wrinkles to the O to keep Ds off balance...except Shurmur isnt working with a bunch of future HOFmers...
Yes, that keeps me very hopeful.  I think I heard on one scoring drive last week, every play had a different personnel grouping.  Keeping ahead of the film will be critical in the post season.  Shurmur, Case, Murray, this O-line are all fresh and new.  I always say that it takes about 8 games of film for the opposition to figure it out.

Shurmur and Zimmer on the other side seem to get that and keep it in flux.

Shurmer has been a revelation to this team. We should pay him and hope to keep him to tutor a replacement cause its a matter of time before he gets another HC gig