Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday's Vikings game blitzing some Minnesotans' Thanksgiving dinners
The way people are fretting over Thanksgiving plans, you'd think a massive blizzard was in the forecast.
Nope, it's an 11:30 a.m. Minnesota Vikings game. What's a Minnesotan to do? 
OK, so many of us don't eat our turkey until later in the day anyways. But a good number of Minnesotans do plan Thanksgiving dinner mid-day. And this Vikings game is throwing a wrench in the planning.
When will we cook? When will we eat? Will the TV be on?
We conducted a super scientific Twitter poll to see how the game is impacting when people are going to eat their Thanksgiving meal. Click below to see the results.

https://twitter.com/StarTribune/status/9...wsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FStarTribune%2Fstatus%2F933027108418408449

Look at that fan devotion: Minnesotans willing to starve until after the game is over. Bravo!
Special kudos to the fans willing to stuff their faces in the 15 or so minutes at halftime. Skol!

We're hosting tomorrow, but that doesn't start till late afternoon...PRoblem is we're prepping like mad before hand. Definitely got the DVR going, but not sure I'll be able to steer clear of score before I'll be able to sit down and watch it. IT will be discussed at dinner..

Dang it...Only time I EVER ENJOYED a TG game was 98.

shooting for halftime this year.   I dont remember what we did last year but it was screwed up IIRC thanks to Aretha and here damn never ending national anthem.

Eating after, just a small group and my wife's not a big fan and does most of the cooking so all's good.  She knows where to find me during the game.  Smile

We won't be eating until 4:30 pm because of the game, about an hour later than usual. 

The best part about being a guy on Thanksgiving...  all I have to worry about is cutting open the cans of pumpkin pie filling...  maybe twist the top off the jar of pickles and olives if it's a tight seal...  and snapping open another can of beer.  LOL
BOOM

Gonna do some things I don't normally do...

Pop a top before noon
&
Watch what I say to her relatives later in the day

:3 

Get a crazy eye going, then stand up and start shouting "WE'RE 8-2! IS NO ONE THANKFUL FOR ANYTHING AROUND HERE!?!"

sometimes it is sad but tomorrow I will be thankful I am the crazy one that nobody invites to family dinners.
I am going hunting until 10:00 or until BBD. Then fire up the grill and get some brats done before kickoff.
Then a little after game siesta