Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Caddyshack, Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein?
Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
Young Frankenstein.  Peter Boyle doing “puttin’ on the ritz” was gold.  also, the kindly old blind man setting fire to everything with his candle... “what hump?”... marty Feldman as Eye-gor..  just great.
I'm not sure you know but the old blind guy was a cameo by Gene Hackman.

right!  i had forgotten that!

Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein, you cannot go wrong with either.  Gene Wilder was awesome in YF, so I think I'd choose it very slightly over Blazing Saddles .  As far as Mel Brooks, I also enjoyed the History of the World movies and Spaceballs.  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
You aren't the only one Jimmy. I am not a fan of it or Blazing Saddles.
Blazing Saddles was funny,  some of it forced and then not funny,   but it provides amusement to me,  very little of YF made me even smirk.  Good humor shouldn't have to beaten in for people to recognize it.  

On a side note I had forgotten how cute Teri Garr was...of course I wasn't very old during her career so....
I wouldn't say the humor in YF was forced.  I mean in comparison to a movie like Tommy Boy where much is just physical or gag humor.  To each their own I guess.

Back to School, Caddyshack and Easy Money  all Dangerfields greatest hits!!

Animal House is slightly ahead of Caddyshack in my opinion.
then Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles
History of the World Part I was funnier than Spaceballs...
Slapshot was great too
Porkys
Hollywood Knights

I gotta another fave...Fast Times @ Ridgemont High...

any votes for Minnesota’s own Pat Proft and the movies he wrote?  Let me see,the Police Academy movies,all the Scary Movies (1-5) Naked Gun 2 1/2, Mr Magoo and many more.  He’s originally from Falcon Heights—startd out at the old Dudley Riggs Workshop, acted at the Chanhassan Dinner Theatre.  might be retired now —he has moved back to Mn.