Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer says he's 'got a plan' — interpretation: Stay ready, Teddy
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Mike Olson said:
The team needs to see Teddy so that they can gauge if he is worth a contract that he will want. I need to see the QB that we have the most metrics on to get us to a division win and beyond. That isn't Teddy. Giving Teddy a game is a HUGE gamble as far as our season goes. Case is not the next Montana, or Young, but he has a rapport with the receivers, and he has guided this team to 7 wins.  
I dont they they'll have a choice to start him, agreed. There is no perfect time unless the football gods decide it for us. I think Guru nailed it, it may be vs the Rams. Ballsie move on Zim's part. Hopefully not a dumb one. 
IMHO No way it is against the rams.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Mike Olson said:
The team needs to see Teddy so that they can gauge if he is worth a contract that he will want. I need to see the QB that we have the most metrics on to get us to a division win and beyond. That isn't Teddy. Giving Teddy a game is a HUGE gamble as far as our season goes. Case is not the next Montana, or Young, but he has a rapport with the receivers, and he has guided this team to 7 wins.  
I dont they they'll have a choice to start him, agreed. There is no perfect time unless the football gods decide it for us. I think Guru nailed it, it may be vs the Rams. Ballsie move on Zim's part. Hopefully not a dumb one. 
iyho.... how did Teddy look warming up yesterday mobility wise?  was he showing any signs of the injury at all?  is the brace limiting him in any way?

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@greediron said:
Why is Teddy loved by Zim?  Because he has shown he can play conservative and manage the game.  Yet when needed at the end of the game, he can open up and play well.
I still think that was Uncle Norv, and thats why Uncle Norv isn't wit us anymore. 

The current offense was for Teddy or Bradford, I think.
The plan coming into the season was to toll Teddy's contract. Not sure why you would tailor a plan for a guy that you were trying to not play this year. I do think it was tailored to Bradford and coincidentally it works for keenum as well. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Mike Olson said:
Yah, I'm flipping on that too.

Barr nailed it for me. Start him when there are 2 games in 10 days is insane. 

If it were me there would be no way, barring injury to Keenum, that I take out the starting QB that got us to 7-2 and has put up an average of 23.5 points per game. With the way our defense is playing, we can beat anybody if we score 23 points! I know they want to see Teddy in live action but we have the division in a headlock and these next two games could be the knockout punch. Going to be a tough decision at the end of the year. Would not mind seeing Teddy, Keenum and Sloter as our QB's next year. Case said he wants to stay in Minny and would be a hell of a backup plan.