Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer gives kudos to the fans

Went to the Vikings game in Denver last year, or was that the year before? I don't know how many Denver fans came up to me in utter amazement at the sea of purple outside the stadium that day. There are a lot of displaced Viking fans living here, but I think more than anything, folks in Minnesota love to travel. I grew up just outside of Yellowstone Park and would go there every summer. Minnesota license plates outnumbered any other. 

As I was watching the game, I heard some kind of chant going on in the background... but I couldn't make it out (because a "skol" chant was the last thing I was expecting.  Then, when the camera panned to the crowd... and I saw all those guys with their hands over their heads... I realized what it was.  And it darn near brought a tear (of joy) to my eyes.  That was friggin' awesome!  Way to go, fans!

Quote: @pumpf said:
As I was watching the game, I heard some kind of chant going on in the background... but I couldn't make it out (because a "skol" chant was the last thing I was expecting.  Then, when the camera panned to the crowd... and I saw all those guys with their hands over their heads... I realized what it was.  And it darn near brought a tear (of joy) to my eyes.  That was friggin' awesome!  Way to go, fans!
is living in minny again pussifying you?

Quote: @Nichelle said:
Nice! I went to a game at FedEx field a few years ago. Unfortunately, we lost but the atmosphere was still a good one. I'm glad Vikings fans showed up and showed out today.
I went in 2010 with Favre at QB. They were some of the worst fans. Maybe I just was near a dick head batch of them but I remember a guy threw an empty beer cup at me in my seat, and as we were walking out some guy - out of nowhere - ran up to me and screamed as loud as he could in my face before walking away. I didn't see him coming so it scared the shit out of me.