Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The wait is over! He's Back!
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Well one factor I haven't heard mentioned is the potential boost this team could get from seeing ol' Teddy back under center. Now, I want to keep my hopes at an even keel, because we don't know yet how Teddy will respond,  but this could be just the kind Cinderella story that puts this team on another level. Not talking Xs and Os, just psychology. 
I think its a two-way street though. I completely agree that for some of the players seeing Teddy under center is going to be a massive boost. How could you not play balls to the wall for a guy that went through that? The scary part is if you put Teddy under center and he struggles, what is the psychological impact of pulling him and going back to Keenum? I don't think all hope would be lost but it would definitely take some of the air out. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
Well one factor I haven't heard mentioned is the potential boost this team could get from seeing ol' Teddy back under center. Now, I want to keep my hopes at an even keel, because we don't know yet how Teddy will respond,  but this could be just the kind Cinderella story that puts this team on another level. Not talking Xs and Os, just psychology. 
I think its a two-way street though. I completely agree that for some of the players seeing Teddy under center is going to be a massive boost. How could you not play balls to the wall for a guy that went through that? The scary part is if you put Teddy under center and he struggles, what is the psychological impact of pulling him and going back to Keenum? I don't think all hope would be lost but it would definitely take some of the air out. 
That is a bigger concern for me than if his knee is ready or not.  I dont think the surgeons or the team would be putting him out there if they werent certain that he is as ready as he ever will be.... but until the players are falling around his feet and they are wrapping up his legs as he tries to escape pressure.... as a Vikings fan I have a knot in my stomach.