Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murray Fighting For His Job
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017...eran-backs

He's definitely got his work cut out for him...his best attributes are experience, size, and his proven ability in pass pro...probably should add to that Zimmer's reluctance to start rookies...but Cook is the better back, more dynamic and a game changer on a team lacking game changers...

I think this is setting up with Cook as the starting back and Murray as the 3rd down and short yardage back. It might seem counter-intuitive since most teams will tend to use the big guy as the pounder and the smaller guy on 3rd downs, but when you consider that Murray is a very good pass blocker and a pretty good receiving back, Vikings could go the other way. Jet will likely be Cook's change of pace in that scenario. 

Competition's good, he does strike me as a bit contentious though.

Dalvins in for a fight for RB1.

LM's size would indicate he can pass pro (check), he's a bruiser who can get you those tough yards (check again?)

He probably did that while @ Oakland, but I've also read that for a guy his size, he's tackled easily. So I don't know how to peg him. That said, glad he's here to be honest. Rookies make me nervous, until they don't. 

The faster Cook learns to pick up on protections the faster he will start.  Protecting Bradford and the football are priority one.  Murray will start in the beginning of the season until Cook proves he can he can protect.

Ball security will be huge for Cook. Going to take a while to prove he can be trusted.