Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer determined to prevent another Vikings collapse
LONDON — The Vikings collapsed last season. Mike Zimmer is determined not to let that happen again.
The Minnesota coach said Thursday he has talked to his players about the importance of keeping momentum going following a 5-2 start. The Vikings face winless Cleveland (0-7) on Sunday at Twickenham Stadium.
“We’ve prepared hard for the last 14 weeks (since the start of training camp) to be in the position that we’ve been in,” Zimmer said following a walkthrough practice Thursday after arriving in London. “Like I told the players, this game is the most important game we’ve played in a long time.
“We have the bye coming up after this. We understand after last year that we need to continue to play good because nothing’s guaranteed and we need to win as many games as we can.”
http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/26/mik...-collapse/

He needs to break the fear we all feel about a second-half collapse. I almost wish they didn't have a bye week, because they seemed to lose focus last year. Yes, injuries were a big factor, but they played flat and lost 2-3 games they could have won despite their injuries.

It seems like something shook the team's attitude last year, probably something involving Norv Turner, something hidden from the public but known to players. We fans might never know, but that makes it hard to know they can avoid a recurrence.

Don't lose one and you don't have to fear losing two in a row. Lose two in a row and it gets in your head. Bottom line: don't lose one.

Vikings D should go after Kizer aggressively, like mad dogs, like they have something to prove. And not just because the Vikings are my DST and my opponent had the 29-point-scoring Ravens DST.