Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Want to see something awesome?
Quote: @greediron said:
@Clanzomaelan said:
@A1Janitor said:
My daughter was being bullied by some scumbag in 8th grade.  

I went straight to the principal and explained how I would come to the school and hurt the bastard if it doesnt stop immediately - and let him handle the political aftermath.  

The kid was suspended for a week and it stopped.  
Same thing for my daughter in the same grade. A boy tripped her, threw rocks at her, and emptied a water bottle on her pants and yelled for everyone to look that she pee'ed her pants. 

We reported it to the school, and the boy was suspended for a week. He came back and continued to mouth threats to her (nothing verbal, but he would "mouth" threats). I called the parents, and told them what was going on, and the parents had the nerve to say that he did nothing wrong, and my daughter was just being sensitive. 

I lost my biscuits and let them know that in no world is it okay for their son to touch, intimidate, or endanger my daughter again. I wasn't necessarily composed ("You might be sensitive too if I were bouncing rocks off your head...").
Clearly their sweet prince could do no wrong, and my frustration wasn't helping. 

We let the school know what he was doing, and the boy was suspended another week, and had to attend an expulsion meeting. He wasn't expelled, but he hasn't even looked at my daughter since.
You hit the nail on the head. Bullying isn't a kid problem, it is a parent problem.  Parents think that their child does no wrong and will defend the child against the discipline of the school.  The anti-bullying stuff we now see only hurts the kid being bullied.  The kid can't stand up for themselves because then they get in trouble. 

There will always be bullies.  I was bullied a lot.  Eventually I stood up for myself and it ended.  But I was miserable for many years.  My kids have been bullied, but now, the bully doesn't get disciplined.  They just change tactics.  The parents enable that kid and will threaten the school, withhold money, or transfer the kid elsewhere if the school dares to discipline them.  So until parents realize their kids aren't perfect, allow the kid to take some lumps if they deserve it, we won't have a solution to the bullying problem.
NMK  ( Not My Kid )  I am never shocked with who falls into this category.  We all love our kids,  but we all have to accept the fact that we really dont know who our kids are when we arent around.  best we can do is lead by example and make them understand that somethings are not acceptable no matter how much we love them.