Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One reason the Vikes will win this weekend.
Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Keep in mind, as bad as the media is making Baltimore out to be, they are 3-3. And really should be 4-2. So if you think this is some kind of gimme game or a team that can't play well, think again. 
Precisicely. Starting to feel like the fans are Rocky after all the title defenses while a few of us are Burgess Meredith watching Clubber Lang knocking fools out.

This team plays sloppy they can lose to anyone except probably the Browns.
Careful, don't put anything past the Vikings.  They lost to the 1-15 Carolina Panthers back in 2001, in Minnesota.
They also started 6-0 in 2003, and then nosedived to a record of 9-7, missing the playoffs and losing to every 4-12 team in the NFL that year (Giants, Chargers, Raiders, and Cardinals).

[Image: wby7gd80s13c.png]

I really hope we beat Baltimore but it feels like Keenum plays well every other week. And he played decent last week so... I'm kinda worried.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I really hope we beat Baltimore but it feels like Keenum plays well every other week. And he played decent last week so... I'm kinda worried.
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
If that was decent we have differing definitions of the word.  I was really disappointed in his play last week and in general that of the offense including the play selection.

It was very conservative and to often was running the ball into stacked boxes.  That packer team was defeated early,  all we had to do was drive some nails and the offense couldn't find a rythm.  I can't say all those runs were on Keenum,   but it sure seemed like he was doing a lot of audibles at the line.  He also was his usual erratic self with the passing game.  We are lucky he didn't throw that game away as there were at least 2 maybe 3 more easy interceptions that were dropped.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:

@"pattersaur" said:
If that was decent we have differing definitions of the word.  I was really disappointed in his play last week and in general that of the offense including the play selection.

It was very conservative and to often was running the ball into stacked boxes.  That packer team was defeated early,  all we had to do was drive some nails and the offense couldn't find a rythm.  I can't say all those runs were on Keenum,   but it sure seemed like he was doing a lot of audibles at the line.  He also was his usual erratic self with the passing game.  We are lucky he didn't throw that game away as there were at least 2 maybe 3 more easy interceptions that were dropped.
Can't disagree with any of that. The McKinnon fumble was super costly too though. Without that we have at least another 3 points and they likely have 7 less.

I agree it was really frustrating watching our offense go super conservative instead of just finishing them for good. Even the defense basically let them go right down the field on the last drive before ultimately Waynes got the INT. Seemed like we were counting on GB to make the mistake that would seal it for us. And that strategy did work, so kudos to the coaches. But it was kinda stressing me out during the game haha.