Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 Receivers

Thielen's route running makes him elite. Such a fun player to watch Big Grin

going to be an amazing set of 3 WR once either Treadwell or Floyd establishes an outside WR presence. 

An effective Floyd or Treadwell on oneside with Rudy, Diggs and AT19 on the other.  Case, Sam, Teddy, Kyle, does not matter, yards will be gained, points will be scored. 

scary to think about if that 33# was in the backfield

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
going to be an amazing set of 3 WR once either Treadwell or Floyd establishes an outside WR presence. 

An effective Floyd or Treadwell on oneside with Rudy, Diggs and AT19 on the other.  Case, Sam, Teddy, Kyle, does not matter, yards will be gained, points will be scored. 

scary to think about if that 33# was in the backfield
If Cook was in the back field right now... We would legit be talking SB and have a 5-1 record to boot

He's feasting in the slot. Great move.

Only one of those guys lost their starting backfield...

I hope Cook comes back at the same level; has anyone heard how impactful his ACL is likely to be?

Before this season, I thought McKinnon was a guy we might let walk after this season. Now...regardless of Cook, IMO he should be retained.

Also: even if both Cook and McKinnon are back in the fold, we need to draft another RB in 2018. Not saying a 1st/2nd or even 3rd-round guy, but some depth. I don't see a lot from Murray and think the Vikings can get out of his contract after this season and probably will (though he could be resigned cheaply for depth). In fact, our GM likes to have a lot of 5th-7th round picks, and I think your odds of success in that range is probably higher with RBs, at least for depth.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
I hope Cook comes back at the same level; has anyone heard how impactful his ACL is likely to be?

Before this season, I thought McKinnon was a guy we might let walk after this season. Now...regardless of Cook, IMO he should be retained.

Also: even if both Cook and McKinnon are back in the fold, we need to draft another RB in 2018. Not saying a 1st/2nd or even 3rd-round guy, but some depth. I don't see a lot from Murray and think the Vikings can get out of his contract after this season and probably will (though he could be resigned cheaply for depth). In fact, our GM likes to have a lot of 5th-7th round picks, and I think your odds of success in that range is probably higher with RBs, at least for depth.
From what I read, it was a clean injury of his ACL and Cook should come back 100% for training camp next year. 

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
going to be an amazing set of 3 WR once IF either Treadwell or Floyd establishes an outside WR presence and IF Diggs can stay healthy
I see it this way, I'm afraid.

I have always liked Thielen but have been a bit hard on him and questioned if he could do it without having Diggs on the other side of him. I believe he is a great #2 but he can hold it on his own if need be. Very happy to have a guy like Adam on our team.
He truly is very good and runs great routes. Diggs I think needs to hike up his skirt at times I feel or get better treatment on his muscles or something.