Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Bless the OL....
Unsung heroes of sorts...

I agree. They played quite well. The sacks that Bradford suffered were mainly on him, especially the safety. 
Once Keenum was inserted, it was night and day different with a QB that could move. 

How about McKinnon? Stepped up. Great hands. He's definitely a little better than average in there at RB. Good backup.

Berger is getting almost no push in the run game and is looking questionable in pass pro.

yes there was a play or few that were on the QB for holding the ball,  but Berger is a vet and shouldnt be getting beat on stunts.. hes seen everything they are going to throw at him, but his old feet just arent getting him there.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
How about McKinnon? Stepped up. Great hands. He's definitely a little better than average in there at RB. Good backup.

He definitely brought some explosion to the running game last night and even made some nifty runs after the catch.  The offensive line definitely played a big part in that though...  Elflein sprung that 58 yard TD run with a great pull/block on the 2nd level to spring McKinnon.  Pat was also leading the way on a couple screens that picked up good yardage.

Kudos to the OL. It's seriously awesome to be able to say that. No revolving door. No giving up a boatload of sacks. It's nice to see them grow together. And a nice surprise to see them in on a celebration. What a difference a year makes. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Berger is getting almost no push in the run game and is looking questionable in pass pro.

yes there was a play or few that were on the QB for holding the ball,  but Berger is a vet and shouldnt be getting beat on stunts.. hes seen everything they are going to throw at him, but his old feet just arent getting him there.
Berger was never the sharpest tool in the O-line shed.  But they all get beat on occasion.  Elflein got walked back once, I think Easton and Remmers each gave up some pressure/sack.  But all in all, a good game by them.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Berger was never the sharpest tool in the O-line shed.  But they all get beat on occasion.  Elflein got walked back once, I think Easton and Remmers each gave up some pressure/sack.  But all in all, a good game by them.
I have never been as high on Berger as some.  yes he was the best looking OL player we had last year,  but all things considered that is akin to being the smartest kid on the short bus.  I like his flexibility,  but he is not really that great as a starter,  especially now that age is catching up. 

Funny thing, in 96 questions last week, Berger was tabbed as one of the smartest guys on the team.  His value was being position flexible, but not necessarily as a starter.  And as the starting center, our line really struggled in pass protection so smart or not, his line calls weren't that great.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Funny thing, in 96 questions last week, Berger was tabbed as one of the smartest guys on the team.  His value was being position flexible, but not necessarily as a starter.  And as the starting center, our line really struggled in pass protection so smart or not, his line calls weren't that great.
I agree.  I am hoping to find out what we have in Isiadora before to long,  we need to get some push out of our OL in the run game and we just arent moving the LOS on short yardage situations.