Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck duck grey duck
Quote: @"Max" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Max" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I've never heard of 'gray duck', only duck, duck goose.
thats because you are old.... this is the modern version... same game different name.
It's not modern. It's just a Minnesota thing. It's always been Grey Duck here in MN.
its not a minnesota thing... it was duck duck duck duck duck.... grey duck in central SD 40 years ago.... i was just funnin with the age comment.
Like I said: Minnesota is the only state the says it. Dakota is just a suburb of Mankato. 
Forget a map.... I think you need a fucking globe.  Smile

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Max" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Max" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
thats because you are old.... this is the modern version... same game different name.
It's not modern. It's just a Minnesota thing. It's always been Grey Duck here in MN.
its not a minnesota thing... it was duck duck duck duck duck.... grey duck in central SD 40 years ago.... i was just funnin with the age comment.
Like I said: Minnesota is the only state the says it. Dakota is just a suburb of Mankato. 
Haha... but for real, look up Duck, Duck, Grey Duck in Wikipedia (yeah, I know it's not the best source) and if you can get any article more than 4 days old, it will likely talk about it being a Minnesota thing.

I played duck duck grey duck as a kid growing up in Minneapolis.   But I had completely forgotten the game until Monday night, lol.   Actually most of the celebrations are silly and I could care less but that was kinda entertaining.  

Quote: @"Max" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Max" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Max" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Haha... but for real, look up Duck, Duck, Grey Duck in Wikipedia (yeah, I know it's not the best source) and if you can get any article more than 4 days old, it will likely talk about it being a Minnesota thing.
probably just another person from minny that thinks that the the sun rises on their wisconsin border and sets on their western border,  like the dad from the greek wedding movie...  Smile

The aspect of the debate that is being missed is that Gray/Grey Duck actually teaches kids about colors and listening closely. Minnesota or wherever it was started has an educational piece to it. The Goose folks should switch.

Used to be a tavern in my home town, one sign read The Gray Goose, the other read The Grey Goose, guess they had it covered!  B)