Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford looks completely disinterested out there...
im not saying sleeves is a pussy. but his knee looks shot (at this point is it bone on bone = arthritis??? meaning hes basically done) and the fact he hasnt pushed through to find game winners or games like yesterday or even to find big play 3rd downs when needed is the reason id rather go with teddy than spend a ton and our future on sam. yeah sam has the arm talent few have, the reason he was a #1 pick, but his heart and health dont make him worth it.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Yah, Sleeves is just a pussy who doesn't give a damn. Right. 

Look at what the hell you started Wet- lol! 
It certainly wasn't my intention...  I was JACKED UP when I heard Bradford was going to play last night.

The let down of seeing him clearly still hurt and completely ineffective was a major let down.  At that point, I was hoping like hell they'd yank him so we could try to salvage a win with Keenum...  Hence the reason I started the discussion...

I should have known better...

i was cheering and hoping for the best bradpool possible too. i wanted that player i saw week 1 because i want the playoffs and more. but he clearly wasnt right last night. i just want some solid qb play because our D is legit, or WRs are legit, it sucks cook went down, but murray/jet can function with a decent qb. 

so we have the talent, but we need some health.

Zimmer said Sam looked fine in practice. He also said they limited his snaps and when asked why, he said because thats just what we did. I'm paraphrasing of course.

He didn't look like he was hurting the first quarter, just off. But, get hit once or twice and have to move around and things change.

I'm glad they gave him a shot to play, I'm glad it was decided to go with Case in the second half, and I'm glad they won the game.

I'm not sure how well everyone thought he'd be. 

I was wondering about how the switch in game went down. Gruden was talking about us making a change for a while during the 2nd quarter. He speculated we should make a change and then declared Keenum was getting ready to go in prior to a commercial. When we came back, Bradford was handing the ball off.

"**** you Gruden!" I thought, pulling for Bradford to pull through and shut this guy up.

Then Keenum comes out on the next drive to end the half... 

"Damn, well... alright... here we go!" I thought...

Looking back, I've been kinda wondering... did Bradford miss the memo, or otherwise tell the coaches to stick it after the coaches told Keenum to warm up? Did Keenum throw his helmet on or something and get Gruden a little excited? ... lol ...

With the way his passes were sailing even early in the game it sure seems like he was having issues even then.  Couldn't step into throws properly?    Who knows but he wasn't even close to accurate.  He showed that when healthy he can move around.   He was folding quicker than Ponder in this game.  Clearly he isn't ready and won't be for a while.  

Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
im not saying sleeves is a pussy. but his knee looks shot (at this point is it bone on bone = arthritis??? meaning hes basically done) and the fact he hasnt pushed through to find game winners or games like yesterday or even to find big play 3rd downs when needed is the reason id rather go with teddy than spend a ton and our future on sam. yeah sam has the arm talent few have, the reason he was a #1 pick, but his heart and health dont make him worth it.
But if you aren't saying "sleeves" is a pussy, why do you question his heart and whether he has "pushed through"? The questions about Bradford's knee - and about Bridgewater's - is about verifiable data. When you make assertions about which of these two has more "heart", or inspires his fellow players, or is nicer to his mother, or whatever, is just speculation that you or anyone can make up to support your personal player preference.

I was very enthused for Sam's talent and never saw any indication that other players - like the WRs who had the best production of their careers with him on the field - were insufficiently inspired to earn their salaries. But his knee problems are frustrating and apparently chronic. That said, what would make anyone who is being fair think the same problems won't plague Bridgewater? 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
He didn't play for three weeks and you all called him a baby, he tries to play and the pain was too much, after what he went through last year I really don't think he has a low tolerance for pain....  That's just an idiotic thing to say.  
Who called him a baby?  Quit being the Master of Hyperbole, Bob...  It doesn't suit you very well.
Suits me rather well if you ask me....
[Image: Conor-McGregor-f-you-suit-2.jpg]

lol