Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch out, Vikings. Bears run game can dominate...
Watch out, Vikings. Bears run game can dominate with talent, power and some holding
By Mark CraigOctober 6, 2017 — 8:44am
I asked Mike Zimmer on Wednesday what stood out to him when he watched the Bears rush for 222 yards in their 23-17 overtime win over the Steelers at Soldier Field in Week 3.
The answer suggested that Zim might be asking the officials on Monday night to keep an eye on offensive holding by linemen and grabby receivers who do an excellent job controlling the edges for big, power back Jordan Howard and the shiftier, quicker change-of-pace rookie Tarik Cohen.
“Their offensive line does a really good job of getting guys where they're supposed to be,” Zimmer said. “The receivers do a good job on the perimeter blocking, holding, grabbing and the offensive line does the same thing. We can't allow them to hold us and grab us the way they've been doing in other ball games. Tackling us.”
I went back and watched the game against the Steelers. It was enough to unnerve any Vikings fan who watched their team give up 153 yards rushing to Howard in their upset loss at Chicago on Monday Night Football last Halloween.
http://www.startribune.com/watch-out-vik...449749983/

Hope Zimmer can come up with a good game plan and our players can execute it. The run is the only thing that worries me in this game. Cohen out of the backfield actually is the one that scares me the most. I think he could eat us up

Vikings need to stack the box to stop the run and make Trubisky try to beat them with his arm. I expect to see the defense score some points and get some turnovers in this game. If the Vikings can get the lead early they should win handily. If it's close in the fourth quarter, look out!