Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford out for longer than we have been led to believe?
This is from Sid's column so who knows if there is anything more here than just speculation but he doesn't think
Bradford will be back anytime soon. Unless we start seeing him as a full participant in practice for 2-3 consecutive
days leading up to a game, I tend to agree with Sid that he is going to be out for a long time. Listing him as "day
to day" seems more like a smokescreen than a true measure of where he is at with his ability to play. I will be really
curious to see what Shurmur comes up with for a gameplan vs the Bears. With better protection this year, I think we
will need to air it out a lot more. Murray is not Dalvin Cook. He looks a lot more like Asiata and we all know how that
turned out for us last year. 

The Vikings remain hopeful Bradford can get back on the field soon, but I think it’s doubtful because of his two past ACL surgeries and now additional problems with that same bad left knee. So for now, the Vikings’ playoff hopes are in Keenum’s hands.

I've been reading up about bone bruises, specifically on the knee, and a minor bone bruise can take a couple weeks to heal with rest and ice and a more severe one can take several months to fully heal.

Considering Bradford wasn't in any major pain right after the game and the injury got worse the next morning...  I would think it's a minor one.   If that's the case, we could see Bradford back in action as early as this week or against the Packers.

That said, the season is hanging in the balance right now.  If Bradford misses a couple more games, our chances of making the playoffs will be almost zero.  His level of activity in practice this week will be telling...

As early in the season as it is, the home loss to the Lions could loom very large for our playoff chances assuming Bradford comes back in the next week or two. We will need to steal some divisional road games to have any shot. If we lose to the Bears, I would say stick a fork in our chances. 

we were told that it would be 3-4 weeks after he saw dr andrews.   the only question was is that 3-4 weeks from the time of the injury or 3-4 additional weeks.    I have been expecting him back this week or next week myself,  although not surprised with anything at this point.

[Image: 5161.jpg]
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Sam Bradford (knee) will practice Thursday.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
[Image: 5161.jpg]
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Sam Bradford (knee) will practice Thursday.
It'll be interesting to see what his activity level is today...  

Limited...

When he does come back, what are the chances he will be in sync with the rest of the team?  Its not gonna be like the Saints game.

Saw this on 1500 - very concerning....

Head coach Mike Zimmer was asked if his status would depend on pain management.
“That’s pretty much what it is,” Zimmer said. “I’m hoping it’s not throughout the entire season.”