Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.500 when we needed to fatten the wins..
Quote: @medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@medaille said:
People are overstating Cooks importance to our success.  ...
Cook balanced the attack which opened more room for Diggs and Thielen,  it's not just Cooks running it's his contributions in the passing game both as a receiver and anD in blitz pickup.   Hope Murray can be nearly as effective.
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@medaille said:
People are overstating Cooks importance to our success.  ...
I hear yah, but it wasn't my point. For me its unfulfilled potential on offense. 

Cook imo was quickly on his way to taking what looks like a good passing game (finally) and making the offense overall more impactful.

Said another way, Cook could have meant to Diggs and Defenses what L' Bell means to Antonio Brown and Defenses.

I was responding to the fans that seem to think the entire season went in the shitter and are ready to throw the season away.  Cook is tremendously valuable, but I think our offense is resilient enough that we are dropping down from potentially great to sufficiently productive enough so that we win more often than not.  I think Diggs and Thielen can get open against almost any one, and that it's more on the QB to just get them the ball.
gotcha,  however I still think that we need to balance the attack or teams will simply play the pass and really put pressure on the new oLine and the fill the passing lanes with bodies to take away the quick hitters designed to beat the blitz.