Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Ham play an extended role?
With Jet and Murray replacing Cook?

I think you could easily use Ham in an emergency situation, but you would be down a FB if he's playing HB.  I don't think he would be markedly better than whatever guy you bring in to take Cook's roster spot, so I think you'd rather have the extra RB.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I think you could easily use Ham in an emergency situation, but you would be down a FB if he's playing HB.  I don't think he would be markedly better than whatever guy you bring in to take Cook's roster spot, so I think you'd rather have the extra RB.
except that he knows the offense and is ready to go today.  bringing anybody from the outside in at this point will not likely see much return for several weeks at least.  they are going to have to sign somebody,  but I think Ham is likely going to show better for the first few weeks.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"medaille" said:
except that he knows the offense and is ready to go today.  bringing anybody from the outside in at this point will not likely see much return for several weeks at least.  they are going to have to sign somebody,  but I think Ham is likely going to show better for the first few weeks.
I totally agree with you, but I think that would be the definition of an emergency situation.  It would require both Murray and McKinnon being injured for Ham to see more than a handful of snaps as the HB, and it wouldn't be for an extended period of time.  Twgerber was suggesting that Ham be tossed in the mix at HB as a long term solution, and I just don't see that happening.

I do want to see them play Ham more at HB.    Why not.   If Murray and Jet needs breaks or aren't performing why not see what this kid has.   Better than an AP or some other washed up RB you know won't be any good.

Ham is a tough runner always seems to get positive yards. And the other week he caught a pass out of the backfield for 12 yards. Jet is more a gimmick back.