Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The decision Keenum regrets the most in loss to Lions
http://www.startribune.com/going-inside-one-especially-bad-case-keenum-decision-that-hurt-vikings-chances-of-beating-lions/448963593/

Going inside one especially bad Case Keenum decision that hurt Vikings' chances of beating Lions

Case Keenum wishes he could have a goal-line play back, but it's too late for that now.

Sensing pressure coming from his left side, he called for the line to slide left. In that particular protection call, Lions left defensive end Anthony Zettel becomes what the Vikings call the “Hawkeye.”

“The ‘Hawkeye’ is free,” said right guard Joe Berger.
Free as in there’s no intention of blocking him. And no one did. Right tackle Mike Remmers slid left to block the tackle. Berger slid left and had no one to block.

“I thought I saw something and got fooled,” Keenum said. “Changed the protection to the wrong protection.”

Full article at link

A visible, costly blunder. There's a reason he's a back-up...But I'll bet Tampa Bay never wants to play him again lol! 

If he threw it to AT on the one play that inexplicably went to LT, and if he saw AT on the fourth down when he was open ...

Yeah, I regret it too.

Case played like Case does when he is pressured. Makes questionable decisions, and sailed several throws over receivers heads. 

I watched that, and I was pissed at Remmers.  Just goes to show you.