Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Preview for Vikings vs. Lions

[Image: Jason_slide.jpg?fit=630%2C350]Game Preview for Vikings vs. Lions
This week our 2-1 Minnesota Vikings are home again at U.S. Bank Stadium against our NFC North rival the Detroit Lions.  After last years losses to Detroit you can bet a different attitude is direct…

Read the full story here

Nice write up Jason. I also hope to see a return of the Double A Gap and other blitz packages. I do believe that getting pressure on Stafford is going to be the key to winning this game.

Excellent writeup.  I too expect out D to unleash some new looks to get after Stafford or at least keep him uncomfortable.  We may well drop LBs into coverage and let our front 4 bring the pressure.  Hard to say, but I can bet Zimmer has a plan for this one.

Our offense too will likely look a bit different.  Last week Rudolph was barely used in the passing game.  But as Jason points out, the Lions LBs are weak in coverage while their CBs are much better than those of the Bucs.  so I expect Cook and Rudolph to pick up the slack in the passing game. 

It is one thing that excites me this year, our offense is much more versatile, similar to what our D has been doing, we can change the focus and find different weaknesses. 

Although I don't know if I expect the double A gap blitz as much.  It was a tool, but used too much it becomes dull.  Teams know to prepare for that and as BRob patrols the inner line in multiple positions, I expect him to be calling the overloads and pressures much like last year.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Nice write up Jason. I also hope to see a return of the Double A Gap and other blitz packages. I do believe that getting pressure on Stafford is going to be the key to winning this game.
Hopefully the DTs can provide enough of a push to provide inside pressure alone and permit the LBs to cover.  But you're right, pressure on Stafford is key.