Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Quarterback Play, but it is the Offensive Line
Bottom line brother! The top ten teams all have good Olines. Vikings are one of them. I've been around forever, and I can't remember a team good enough to kick ass, with a backup QB, since Randall Cunningham. This Vikings team is pretty darn good. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
This OL has had a little more than 12 quarters together...it's by no means a stretch to say they'll get better...

Enjoyable read, Tom...
Knock wood they stay healthy...

Lots of football left to play. I want to see how they fare when the team needs to be road warriors again. 

Enjoying and appreciating their play to date no doubt. 

Good read.  With Cook and a good oline, it helps that Norv is gone.  I like the play calling this year. 

I'm also digging Shurmur's O...

I liked Kerin. He was a brawler. So is Easton, but it seemed to me that he was nastier. Doesn't mean he was a better player, however, and the Vikings liked Easton better. 

Coaching my boys O line, I look for NASTY. Looks like we finally have everything BOONE said he was.

Kyle knocked the snot out of a kid pulling from his guard spot, and cleared the road for our RB. Our RB scored, turned right around and ran to Kyle and gave him the biggest hug I've ever seen. he was co-MVP the week before for three pancakes, and knocking a LB on his ass at the second level.

trenches gang, that's where the battles are won or lost

Nice write up. It is amazing to see the growth of the OL since training camp. We were hoping for steady. Having the stability they have has helped them build each game. There are running lanes. The qbs have time. Dalvin is exciting in his own right because of his versatility. I love watching him catch, run up the gut or make a block when the other team is bringing the blitz. He is definitely having an impact. For all our angst, the OL is getting the job done.