Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linval the Destroyer
lival is great, but just image this D had we drafted donald or if floyd is still healthy... tj constatly gets one-on-one's so he should be dominating, hell let JJ play!!!

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
Wrecking machine against the run the first 3 games. So valuable on this defense. He walks every guard back he goes up against. 

He's the highest ranked interior run defender in the NFL by PFF.com after 3 games. 
There's a reason Linval paid...Big-time.
The extensions of Theilan, Linval, Rhodes and Griffin all look rock solid right now.  None of them let the contract reduce their desire to win.  Harry the year before for that matter.  

Barr is going to be this offseason's tough decision.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
Wrecking machine against the run the first 3 games. So valuable on this defense. He walks every guard back he goes up against. 

He's the highest ranked interior run defender in the NFL by PFF.com after 3 games. 
The extensions of Theilan, Linval, Rhodes and Griffin all look rock solid right now.  None of them let the contract reduce their desire to win.  Harry the year before for that matter.  

I've still got hope in Barr...

@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

I've still got hope in Barr...
His 5th year option is 12.3 million according to Spotrac, fyi

Other then Barr next year it is the QB decision for 2018.

We also free up 6.75 million on Shariff's 5th year option.  

@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

I don't think Barr is a tough decision.  The only decision will be to give him a new contract or exercise his 5th year option.  I don't think there's any chance they don't bring him back.

Quote: @BsuZagVike said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

I don't think Barr is a tough decision.  The only decision will be to give him a new contract or exercise his 5th year option.  I don't think there's any chance they don't bring him back.
Well yea that is the decision I am talking about???

Quote: @BsuZagVike said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

Maybe this is the grass is always greener syndrome kicking in here but Barr's dominance hasn't been on display for quite some time.  Do you pay him hoping dominance comes back or pay him on his current play?  Thats the million dollar question.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Maybe this is the grass is always greener syndrome kicking in here but Barr's dominance hasn't been on display for quite some time.  Do you pay him hoping dominance comes back or pay him on his current play?  Thats the million dollar question.
The coaches know the answer to that.  Right now he is playing well within the system.  He isn't asked to rush the passer much, but depending on game plan, maybe he will be in the future.  Zimmer's system doesn't create stars.  Everyone has to do their job and all will succeed.  Joseph got paid as he is a key element.  So did EG.  Rhodes is a start and so is Smith.  So Barr will likely get a good payday if he is doing his job, or he will look elsewhere if he wants more flash.

@BsuZagVike said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

Well yea that is the decision I am talking about???
Sorry, thought you meant if we even bring him back.  Some people have been really down on him and I thought you were talking about maybe letting him walk.

It really comes down to his play this year.  If he has a solid year they will probably try to do a long term deal.

@"BarrNone55" said:
Imagine if he had a productive 3T next to him...
Oh how that was my hope for Datone Jones...Still hoping the Hawkeye can fill that role this year. Too bad about Floyd - the full potential of this D wont be realized without him in there. 

Patterson, Floyd, Treadwell.

Ouch!

Treadwell is still TBD. Rhodes, Smith, Bridgewater. First Round success rate is about 50%, IIRC. Every round after that goes down. 

Personally, I think getting as many 1st Round picks as you can is a statistically (or Analytics-wise) smart move. Unless you have idiots at the wheel like the Browns and Rams.

On the other hand, loading up on 7th Rounders makes me scratch my head. Rick is truly an enigma.